Data Management + Systems Specialist
Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
RISD’s Division of Institutional Advancement seeks a Data Management + Systems Specialist for a two-year term position. This role is the point of contact for the BBNC Network and performs a range of data integrity, cleansing, manipulation and update work to support the Division of Institutional Advancement’s efforts to secure private funding through individuals, corporations, and foundations in order to advance RISD’s mission. The Data Management + Systems Specialist works closely with the Database Administrator and Application Specialist to help with the development of tools and procedures that support an integrated data environment with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT platform and help prioritize data requests and projects from partners in Institutional Engagement and the wider campus.
We seek a culturally competent candidate who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
RISD offers competitive wages and benefits, which includes but is not limited to:
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation
- Personal and sick time, 14 paid holidays
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- BBNC: Blackbaud’s Net Community: Work with the Data Management + Systems team to develop and use deep knowledge of RISD’s data and its configuration within Raiser’s Edge and NXT to develop, test and clone integrated template parts for Net Community pages:
- Build and manage event registration sites, including RISD Weekend and individual events
- Build and develop online survey forms to capture feedback from constituents to provide attitudinal as well as biographical and philanthropic interest data
- Audit all components within BBNC to ensure accurate data is always external facing
- Work with the Data Management + Systems Analyst as needed on projects within BBNC
- Work with the Data Management + Systems Specialist to send RISD Alumni Club and RISD Alumni Affinity group emails
- Data Extraction, Manipulation, and Management
- Write queries to pull defined criteria provided by offices within Institutional Advancement
- Demonstrate proficiency with The Raiser’s Edge platforms including entering and maintaining clean accurate data that adheres to departmental data integrity standards
- Work closely other members of the Data Management + Systems team to import and export data for the department’s various needs to fulfill criteria and deadline requests across programs
- Build and manage all components of event records within Raiser’s Edge and NXT
- Assist the Data Management + Systems Specialist with the importing of weekly report data that we receive from our campus partners
- Assist the Data Management + Systems Specialist with regular quarterly/monthly/weekly/daily data assurance audits as defined by the Data Management + Systems audit schedule
- Project-Based Work:
- Complete specifically assigned data projects as needed (data clean-ups, record coding projects, data reconciliation projects, etc.)
- Knowledge of development, fundraising, and advancement services and functions in higher education or complex not-for-profit environment
- Ability to work diplomatically and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of constituents (individual donors, alumni, business leaders, public figures, faculty and staff), within an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines. Capability to work independently and collaboratively with moderate supervision. Excellent organization skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple demands, work under pressure, and meet deadlines with accuracy, speed, independent judgment, and minimal supervision
- Analytical skills. Computer skills, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, and Google required. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, finance, accounting, or computer science or other Bachelor’s degree with relevant data management experience. 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in a development office performing database management and analysis.
- 35 hours per week
- Two-year term appointment
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.