Development Associate, Advancement Services
Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
RISD’s Division of Institutional Advancement (IA) seeks a Development Associate to provide proactive administrative support to the Executive Director of Advancement Services. Daily responsibilities include coordinating internal meetings, preparation, travel logistics and follow-up for internal meetings; running and distributing weekly metrics reports as well as ad hoc reports and exports with keen attention to detail using Raiser’s Edge, Excel and the Asana platform. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service to IA and campus colleagues and alumni, families, and friends in response to phone, email inquiries, and requests for information. The Development Associate also provides operational and administrative support to the team, and assists in coordinating and implementing a variety of logistics, activities, and projects including the Executive Director’s preparation of the annual surveys, board of trustees reports and management reports for the Vice President and senior management group.
We seek a culturally competent candidate who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
RISD offers competitive wages and benefits, which includes but is not limited to:
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation
- Personal and sick time, 14 paid holidays
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Provide proactive administrative support to the Executive Director of Advancement Services and the department including:
- Serving as an initial point of contact for telephone calls and visitors.
- Maintaining and updating the Executive Director’s calendar, including but not limited to proofreading, preparation of meeting agendas and communications, and conference travel itineraries and travel arrangements.
- Ensure that all materials and documents related to meetings and any resulting assignments or information are recorded and distributed as appropriate.
- Serving as departmental project manager for intra- and inter-departmental projects and initiatives as needed, including but not limited to the document retention policy, and digital data collection/filing in RISD’s SoftDocs platform.
- Processing invoices and expenses for the Executive Director and team; working closely with the Manager of Operations, prepare Work Day budget reports and budget projections for the Executive Director.
- Entering/updating data in the database (Raiser’s Edge) when volume exceeds capacity of data coordinators.
- Working collaboratively and proactively with other administrative support staff to coordinate meetings and other events. Schedule routine meetings including, but not limited to staff meetings, and Executive Directors’ meetings.
- Run and distribute weekly metrics reports as well as ad hoc reports and exports with keen attention to detail using Raiser’s Edge, excel and the Asana platform. Support Executive Director’s work with reporting analyst to prepare annual CASE surveys (VSE and AEM), board of trustees reports and management reports for the Vice President and senior management group in IA and their respective programs.
- Manage the Advancement Services calendar and present upcoming activities and deliverables for Advancement Services units at team meetings. Act as scribe for team meetings and retreats.
- Support and staff on-campus events, including RISD and reunion weekends, Commencement and Founders Day
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and engaging nature.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in public and make presentations in meetings. Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact and correspond professionally with senior staff and distinguished alumni + families.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues, within an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to monitor and track budgets and expenses. Must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite–Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated database entry and reporting experience (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of experience in an office setting required; experience in the higher education or nonprofit sector greatly preferred.
Work Schedule: 35 hours per week, 12 months per year
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.