Executive Director, Alumni & Family Relations
Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
The Executive Director, Alumni & Family Relations will provide oversight and coordination of aspects of programming associated with the RISD Alumni Association including programs, communications and digital engagement, clubs and affinity groups, and volunteer management. In partnership with the Executive Director, RISD Fund, and Student Affairs, the Executive Director, Alumni + Family Relations will lead engagement activities (volunteers, events, communications, programs) associated with the RISD Families Association. The Executive Director will work with leadership of Continuing Education and Career Services to develop educational programming for alumni and support career services opportunities for RISD students and young alumni. The Executive Director will also provide leadership and supervision for staff responsible for planning, coordinating and executing the RISD Alumni Association five-year strategic plan within the Institutional Engagement and RISD strategic plans.
- Design and implement alumni relations programming with a goal of increasing alumni engagement with RISD and creating a new climate of engagement and sustainable philanthropy.
- Oversee strategic outreach to families, providing resources, information and support and grow and expand an engaged group of parent and family volunteers.
- Work strategically and synergistically with the Office of Special Events to establish and maintain an annual schedule of special events directed at increasing involvement in the life of the college by alumni, parents and friends, including RISD Weekend, Commencement + Reunion Weekend, and signature presidential events.
- Create and administer programs to promote positive feelings among students toward RISD and to educate them about the benefits of their continued involvement and consistent annual support after they graduate.
- Direct the Alumni Relations Associate to ensure all administrative functions relating to the Office of Alumni + Family Relations are carefully managed and executed on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; master’s degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience in alumni relations for educational and/or arts organizations including a focus on integrating alumni relations with annual support and seven years managing staff.
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers is critical.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are important, including an
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues within an environment that values diversity as defined by, race, color, religion, age, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Demonstrated interest/experience in art and design desirable.
- Computer literacy required. Demonstrated experience in the use of Google (G Suite) collaboration tools, Microsoft Office suite, email marketing software, project management tools and CRM/databases.
Supervision and Scheduling Demands
Receives moderate supervision. Gives moderate supervision to staff. Full-time, administrative position. Work hours are not confined to weekdays but also include evenings and weekends. Must be available to travel for approximately 25 percent of time.
To apply for this job please visit hrrisd.wordpress.com.
- Next s