Director, Parent & Family Giving
Rollins CollegeWinter Park, FL
The Institutional Advancement Team is seeking a creative, driven, and relationship-oriented Director, Parent & Family Giving to join their team! The Director, Parent & Family Giving plays a critical role on the Advancement team. Reporting to the AVP for Advancement, the Director will increase Rollins’ fundraising capacity through the development and oversight of a comprehensive parent and family fundraising program. The Director will manage a portfolio of approximately 100-125 parent and family prospective donors to routinely secure leadership level gifts to the Rollins Annual Fund and promote membership to the Parents Council. The Director will facilitate meaningful programming and engagement for Parents Council members with other offices of the College. This position will collaborate closely with Advancement colleagues to coordinate and support Parents Council solicitations and annual gifts to the Rollins Annual Fund. The Director must demonstrate a desire to welcome parents to the Rollins community; to help create opportunities for meaningful involvement.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Fundraising and Portfolio Management (50%)
- Manage a specific and rotating portfolio of approximately 100-125 parent and family prospective donors. Personally engage, solicit, and steward donors for ongoing annual support to the College.
- Implement an effective schedule of contacts and meetings; arrange campus visits; and engage College leaders, faculty, staff and other Advancement colleagues in parent and donor engagement activities, as appropriate.
- Travel required to engage prospects with an estimated average of five face-to-face visits per month.
- In collaboration with colleagues, plan and manage the successful implementation of parent solicitations, and stewardship programming and events for parents in the Parents Council.
- Conduct personal visits, peer-to-peer solicitations, direct marketing (email, phone, mail, events and marketing materials) to secure new, retain, and upgrade annual leadership gifts ($2,500+) and Parents Council gifts ($5,000+) to the Rollins Annual Fund.
Program Development and Volunteer Management (35%)
Refine and support the Parents Council program and its members, including recruiting Council members and directing their volunteer efforts in peer solicitations and stewardship outreach activities to other parents.
- Develop, manage, and execute Parent Giving and Parents Council communications and marketing plans for internal and external purposes.
Implement recruitment strategies to elevate the overall philanthropic capacity of the Parents Council year-over-year.
Provide oversight in the coordination of all meetings, special receptions and events for Parents Council.
Work in conjunction with Admissions and Student Affairs for key events.
Actively participate in pertinent activities such as Move In, Family Weekend, and Commencement activities.
In partnership with Donor Relations office, coordinate stewardship messages and ensure the highest-level stewardship is provided to Rollins Annual Fund leadership and Parents Council donors.
Communications and Data Management (15%)
- Routinely interact and collaborate with staff, both within and outside of the Advancement team, including College senior leadership, Student Affairs, Admissions, and faculty.
- Write content for parent newsletters, appeals, website, and other parent giving and Parents Council communications.
- Record activities, contacts, correspondence, proposals and strategy plans in the donor database, working with support staff to ensure proper records administration and that constituent biographic and contact data maintained in the database is accurate and up-to-date.
Perform other relevant departmental duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in one-to-one leadership-level fundraising and volunteer management.
- Requires a valid Florida driver’s license and satisfactory MVR to operate college vehicles.
- Demonstrate understanding and successful implementation of volunteer management.
- Demonstrate leadership, take initiative, and exercise good judgement.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, excellent at managing deadlines, and a proactive problem solver.
- Ability to conduct personal solicitation of leadership-level annual fund gifts, and interact with a diverse and sophisticated constituency.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Ability to handle confidential information, maintain and update files with high degree of accuracy, and sensitivity to the importance of stewardship and donor relations.
- Computer fluency including Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn and utilize Ellucian Banner database, Argos reporting, Tableau, and other technology/systems.
- Creative, self-motivated, and results oriented. Act independently and as a member of a team, and ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
The Office of Development is comprised of a team of fundraising professionals who work with alumni, parents, foundations, corporations, and friends to raise the resources that advance the strategic priorities of the College. Development includes Major Gifts, Gift Planning, Parent Programs, Corporate & Foundation Relations, and Annual Giving.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rollins.edu.