Director of Impact Giving & Digital Philanthropy
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & ScienceNorth Chicago, IL
The principal role of the Director of Impact Giving and Digital Philanthropy (Director) is to optimize the digital strategy and engagement of donors to advance the strategic priorities of Rosalind Franklin University. The Director is responsible and accountable for the planning and implementation, process management and key performance indicator analysis of RFU’s comprehensive Impact Fund program and the digital philanthropy tools. The Impact Fund is the pipeline of philanthropic support essential for creating a margin of excellence for all university activities. The Director is responsible for utilizing multi-facets platforms (video storytelling, email marketing, reunions, direct mail, social media) to grow the donor base and increase philanthropic yield. To accomplish this, the Director will work closely with writers, development directors and engagement partners to present differentiating content in its most compelling form to drive emotional engagement and philanthropic commitment. As well, the Director will collaborate with the Institutional Advancement (IA) team and campus colleagues to thoughtfully guide the donor experience with mindfulness on donor satisfaction.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is dedicated to creating and fostering a diverse academic environment. We are especially seeking and encouraging nominations and applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their respective fields, as well as others who would enrich and add unique perspectives to the University.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides dynamic and analytical leadership to Impact Fund development including strategic segmentation and multi-channel solicitation to achieve the university’s fundraising goals.
- Collaborates with the Institutional Advancement team, administration, faculty and volunteers to identify, qualify, engage and cultivate relationships with leadership gift donors and elevate donors through the pipeline.
- Authors, co-authors and/or edits fundraising appeals. Advises on creative and technical design and other strategies/tactics to improve the user experience, their engagement, and likelihood to give.
- Leads a coordinated and systematic approach to leverage multi-channel solicitation plans to secure and renew annual support at the $1,000-$10,000 level.
- Deepens partnerships with donors and qualify them for increased support.
- Communicates stories about the impact of annual philanthropic support with current and potential donor partners.
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues to identify and deliver content related to the impact of philanthropy through video, social media, and digital platforms and to tailor marketing tactics for leadership annual giving level donors.
- Utilizes and manages the digital philanthropy toolbox including RFU’s crowdfunding and digital giving programs, while strengthening the online giving experience.
- Collaborates with donor relations and stewardship teams to ensure thoughtful, coordination experiences and satisfaction across the donor journey.
- Creates and observes analytics that show efficacy and overall performance of Impact Fund appeals against key benchmarks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or delegated.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of three years of experience in development, non-profit management or complimentary field.
- Experience strategically managing and executing an annual fund campaign.
- Achieve background check clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in digital strategy and digital campaigns.
- Deep knowledge of the digital landscape, including emerging trends across social and fundraising platforms, with an understanding of utilization, benchmarks, and strategies.
- Experience with commonly used digital tools for email marketing, philanthropy and CRM. (E.G. GiveCampus, ThankView, Blackbaud NXT, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, Mailchimp)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, characterized by the ability to listen, to speak and to write with integrity and a strong commitment for sharing stories of impact.
- Skillful in digital campaign design, execution and measurement.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of flexibility and initiative.
- Deep understanding of the importance of analytics in fueling all digital decision-making.
- Ability to conceive, execute and manage philanthropic processes within a highly complex organization collaboratively and effectively.
- Ability to authentically represent well the mission of RFU to external constituencies and communities.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the internal workings of the university as well as the technology tools available to the Division of Institutional Advancement.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to constituent information as well as advancement and university business.
- Curiosity and competency to independently and creatively problem solve.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with a team of highly motivated individuals.
- CFRE or equivalent certifications
- 3+ years of direct experience in digital marketing and/or digital philanthropy
- Direct experience working on a university campus and within a health-related organization or cause
- Ability to manage complex projects with firm deadlines and deliverables.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.