Assistant Director of Annual Giving – Phonathon
Saint Mary's CollegeNotre Dame, IN
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will work in partnership with the Director of Annual Giving to achieve Saint Mary’s annual fundraising goals by leading a successful phonathon program and student philanthropy campaign, as well as assisting with the young alumnae program and social media marketing efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to establish goals for phonathon, young alumnae giving initiatives, student philanthropy campaigns, and online communications.
- Oversee the general operations of the entire phone program, including managing student callers, student supervisors, developing call scripts, establishing calling schedules, and managing computer database files.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and manages all student callers and supervisors. Ensures proper attendance and success of callers by monitoring caller stats, providing monthly evaluations to callers, coaching them towards improvement, and implementing an incentive plan to motivate callers.
- Oversees the processes for transferring data between Campus Call software and Banner, the College’s constituent database. Uploads data files into Campus Call, performs or oversees data maintenance, runs regular reports and analyzes data to determine strategies for improving results and pledge fulfillment.
- Manages student philanthropy campaigns to educate students about the importance of giving back to Saint Mary’s. Includes bringing creative direction to the program, recruiting, managing and motivating student volunteers, developing marketing and solicitation materials, and planning events.
- Partners with Annual Giving staff to devise and implement a social media marketing plan for using social media platforms to engage and steward donors and encourage continued support.
- Works collaboratively to ensure phonathon, student and young alumnae initiatives, and online communications for Annual Fund are fully integrated into College marketing and development efforts.
- Builds strong relationships with development, student affairs and business staff to ensure we are following proper processes for student employment and payroll as well as building collaborations across campus that can help to educate students on the importance of giving.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field and a minimum of two years of experience are required. Experience managing employees, students, or volunteers is preferred. This position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent organization and time management skills, and customer service skills.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.saintmarys.edu.
- Next s