Annual Giving Coordinator
Sam Houston State UniversityHuntsville, TX
SHSU is seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to manage programs to generate annual engagement and annual giving support from Sam Houston State University alumni, parents, students, and friends through various programs and initiatives including, but not limited to: telephone solicitation initiative, Senior Class Legacy program, Young Alumni program, Student Giving program, and the SHSU Giving social media platforms. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, manages, motivates, and evaluates a staff of 15-20 student employees. Coordinates the development of program strategies, scripts, and training materials. Compiles and analyzes statistical data and prepares reports for higher-level management. Manages all aspects of the collection of annual fund pledges. Must be willing to make solicitation and follow-up collection calls. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Two years of experience in fund-raising, marketing, customer relations, communications, event planning, social media, or a related field.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Experience with automated call software preferred.
- Proficiency with current office technology including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.
To apply for this job please visit shsu.peopleadmin.com.