Young Alumni Coordinator
Sidwell Friends SchoolWashington, DC
The Young Alumni Coordinator supports the planning, implementing, and managing of the comprehensive engagement program for alumni. Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, this position facilitates thoughtful engagement opportunities for current students and alumni who have graduated within the last 15 years. Working collaboratively to advance the goals of the department, the Young Alumni Coordinator has a demonstrated track record of volunteer management, event planning, creativity, and an interest in learning alumni engagement best practices.
Student and Young Alumni Engagement
- Manage and support a program to actively engage current students and young alumni in the life of the School and educate them on opportunities within the Sidwell Friends Alumni Network
- Manage the Student Alumni Association and coordinate with student leaders to engage alumni in meaningful events and opportunities to connect with students
- Coordinate senior class programming and philanthropy, including a senior class campaign for the Annual Fund and events to introduce seniors to the Alumni community.
- Plan and execute programming specifically targeting alumni in college, including a College Dinner series, College Care Package, and other events as identified.
- Oversee the 5th, 10th and 15th year classes for Reunion Weekend. Recruit and manage volunteers for these classes to plan class-specific events and engage alumni via Reunion Weekend.
- In coordination with the Editor of the Sidwell Friends Magazine, work with individual Class Representatives to share information from the school with their classmates as needed/identified. In addition, manage recruitment of Class Representatives on an annual basis.
- Manage volunteers related to the college process, in coordination with the College Counseling Office:
- Alumni currently in college who volunteer to connect with current students regarding the college admissions process
- Alumni who volunteer to conduct mock interviews with current students in preparation for the college admissions process.
Support for Alumni Engagement
- Assist with logistics and planning efforts for various on- and off-campus events, including Reunion, Homecoming, Let Your Life Speak Morning, Regional Alumni Club events, and Commencement
- Manage correspondence between Sidwell Friends School and its alumni via the alumni inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as manage requests for access to the Alumni Online Directory and contact information updates through the “Stay in Touch” form.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with one to three years of experience in alumni engagement, preferably in a higher-education or independent school setting. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who is eager to continue learning about relationship management, fundraising, stewardship, and engagement programming. Professionalism, discretion, creativity, willingness to travel and work occasional irregular hours, and the ability to deal with confidential information are vital in this role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-motivated, highly dependable worker with the ability to effectively prioritize work, problem solve, and function in a highly collaborative environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Skilled in project and event management, both in-person and virtual.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage complex, multi-phase projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to represent the School with internal and external constituents in the community by attending events and social gatherings as needed.
- Knowledge of fundraising principals and best practices in alumni engagement.
- Experience using The Raiser’s Edge NXT in a non-profit setting.
As a condition of employment, all employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To make application for a medical or religious exemption, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Candidates should upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references via our online application.
To apply for this job please visit sidwell.hrmdirect.com.