Director, Annual Leadership Development
Smile TrainNew York, NY
Smile Train is an international nonprofit headquartered in New York. Our mission is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
We are seeking an Associate, Grants Management to join our team. Grants administration is central to what Smile Train does, and how we empower healthcare workers to serve their communities. Grants Management supports Smile Train’s mission and strategic program goals by coordinating grantmaking operations, systems, and data. In collaboration with other members of the Grants Management team and colleagues around the globe, the Associate, Grants Management works to ensure high quality and timeliness of program funding management, from grant applications, reviews, approvals, and payment processing to reporting and outcomes tracking.
This is a full-time staff position based at our headquarters in New York City, starting as soon as possible. If you are interested, please read more below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and process all grants and program expenses, in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Grants Management
- Complete front-line grant/expense processing, owning data entry for contacts, organizations, grant applications, payments, final reports and outcome data.
- Ensure requirements are met for incoming applications and perform due diligence needed for legal compliance
- Liaise with colleagues and partners around the globe to receive and process grants, making sure applications are complete, correct, and finalized in a timely fashion.
- Serve as a resource and knowledge expert to colleagues and partners who may have questions about the grants process and the programs database
- Create and disperse award and payment letters for approved grants
- Manage contracts, award and payment letters, and associated email templates in the programs database
- Generate and process contracts and addendums using Conga and DocuSign, and manage incoming contracts, maintaining electronic records of all; manage the contract renewal process
- Support payment issues and wire form processing, offering troubleshooting support where necessary
- Support due diligence and review of new Treatment Centers and Practitioners
- Make suggestions to improve grants management processes and systems
- Compile grants data and documentation for audit purposes
- Communicate internally with finance and global program staff
- Help maintain data integrity of the programs database for organizations, grants, contacts, and grantee reports, ensuring accurate information available for Smile Train staff. Consolidate duplicate contact, organization, and request records in Salesforce
- Assist with the restricted donation process and provide information for donor reports and about partnerships as needed
Our ideal candidate has/is:
- Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 1-2 years experience relevant to grants management
- Tech savvy and a quick learner with new software systems, and proficiency with MS Excel and grants management databases required (Familiarly with Salesforce, foundationConnect, Conga, and DocuSign a plus)
- Basic understanding of best practices and regulations for US-based grant making organizations a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills; excellent cross-cultural communication skills and sensitivity to other cultural values, norms, and customs
- Ability to independently troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and acclimate to evolving priorities; demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Flexibility and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in and/or passion for grants management administration and interest in Smile Train’s mission and vision
Smile Train is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit smiletrain.bamboohr.com.