Development Program Specialist
Smith CollegeNorthampton, MA
Coordinate the solicitation process for leadership giving prospects for The Smith Fund. Manage Smith Fund solicitation of Trustees and AASC Board members. Coordinate program support for the overall development program and the External Engagement Committee of the Board of Trustees. Coordinate groups of campaign volunteers in support of major fundraising initiatives.
Smith Fund Solicitation Program Coordination (60%)
- Leadership Gift Solicitation Program Management
- Serve as production coordinator for leadership solicitations for The Smith Fund, focusing on prospects with target ask amounts of five-figures and up. Coordinate efforts on behalf of and in conjunction with the Sr. Dir., Class Engagement & Philanthropic Support; the Dir., Major Gifts; and Philanthropic Officers. Responsibilities include drafting and adhering to a production timeline; drafting, printing, and sending the appeals and related materials (Statements of Intent, remit forms, etc.); communicating regularly with philanthropic officers to collect and share updates; running reports; organizing and tracking data/progress in spreadsheets and in the CRM; overseeing and coordinating follow-up with staff and volunteers; and reporting on results. Support related donor stewardship efforts.
- Board of Trustees and AASC Board of Directors Solicitation Coordination
- Coordinate the solicitation process for Trustees and AASC Directors with the goal of achieving annually-established revenue goals and 100% annual participation in annual giving from these volunteers. Run reports and analyze data to help establish giving goals. Manage the annual solicitation process, including preparing and sending the appeals and related materials. Provide regular updates to assigned philanthropic officers and lead volunteers. Track monthly and annual results.
Volunteer Communications, Training and Support (20%)
- Under the leadership of the Associate Vice President for Development, coordinate work of volunteers for the College’s major fundraising initiatives, such as the scholarship aid campaign. Manage communications to these individuals/groups. Run reports and analyze data to help establish and meet key objectives. Track the philanthropic support of the volunteer groups themselves as well as that of their assigned prospects. Collaborate with the Director for Volunteer Engagement. Prepare and provide updates for senior leadership.
- Occasional travel and/or evening/weekend work may be required in support of these duties.
Development Program Coordination (20%)
- Partner with the Associate Vice President for Development (AVP) to generate a variety of fundraising reports tracking fundraising progress and for prospect pipeline management, including reports for the President and Board of Trustees, progress toward specific initiatives and challenge matches. Provide high-level administrative and logistical support for the AVP for Development related to overall divisional and program management. Generate reports, oversee calendar management, schedule meetings, and compose agendas as needed. Regularly interface with key volunteers and campus stakeholders. Assist in preparing and distributing materials for the Board of Trustees, including the External Engagement Committee, and other priority volunteer groups as needed.
- Contribute to overall departmental discussions affecting engagement and giving priorities and strategies. Solicit Smith alumnae, parents, and others for Smith Fund donations as part of overall team outreach efforts. Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant experience and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience with a clear record of accomplishment and strong measurable results. Experience recruiting, training, and managing a group of volunteers. Experience working with diverse backgrounds. Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in higher education preferred. Experience working with board-level volunteers preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who has strong written/verbal communication skills and well-developed computer, spreadsheet, word processing, CRM, and database skills, including complex databases such as Banner and/or Salesforce.
- A high standard of integrity; the ability to work with and motivate others; must be well organized, flexible and creative.
- Must possess solid interpersonal skills; the ability to manage teams of colleagues to successful group outcomes; the ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple tasks; be successful in meeting deadlines; and be able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to think creatively about human relationships with the intention of securing support for Smith.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Commitment to and respect for the contributions of volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to travel, and to work nights and weekends, as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit smithcollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.