Director of Development
Southwestern Assemblies of God UniversityWaxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University exists to equip students spiritually, academically, professionally, and cross-culturally for their God-given careers and callings
The purpose of this role is to structure and execute an overall financial development program for the University which will adequately support the University’s annual budget and long-term strategic plan with contributions from the corporate and business sectors as well as from individuals, churches, district councils and the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
- Implement and keep up-to-date a long-term development plan, complete with specific revenue objectives, strategies and achievement programs.
- Draft and implement each year an annual plan consistent with the University’s approved budget, including specific revenue objectives and action steps to achieve those objectives within the specified time frame.
- Include in both the long-term and each annual development plan appropriate revenue goals and action steps for (a) general operating funds, (b) scholarships, (c) capital improvements, and (d) endowments.
- Include in the annual plan actions to be taken by the Advancement Office relating to direct mail appeals, contributor database management, prospective contributor database management, corporate and business solicitations, private foundation solicitations, and solicitation programs for individuals, churches, and districts.
- The Annual Development Plan should also integrate and report information obtained from the Marketing & Alumni Departments regarding direct mail promotions, advertising schedules and other college publications.
- Partner with the officers and directors of the Southwestern Foundation, to obtain major endowment gifts of cash, securities, real estate and other such tangible assets, as well as trusts, wills, life insurance policies and other forms of deferred gifts.
- Partners with the Alumni Department to develop and maintain the best possible level of confidence, good will, personal motivation, and financial support within the alumni base of the University.
- Include input in the Marketing Department in the development of publicity material so that the University’s projects the best possible image of quality and leadership.
- Writes content to earn grants, new audiences and better relationships with doors and other appropriate entities.
- Prepare a monthly report to the VP for Advancement, summarizing the status of all active fund-raising projects, comparing contributions to date versus objectives and stating corrective actions to be taken if results are behind schedule
- Reports to the VP for Advancement
- Candidate must be an openly committed Christian, living a Spirit-filled life and be an active attendee of an Assemblies of God church. (some exceptions apply to type of church attendee).
- At least 5 years of directly applicable experience and a proven track record in fund raising, public relations, and planned giving programs for schools or other non-profit institutions.
- Office managerial skills, with general knowledge in computer database systems.
- Amenable to travel throughout Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Mississippi.
- Bachelor’s Degree acceptable. Master’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Your resume may be included when submitting the application to the Human Resources Office.
Fair Labor Standards Act:
This position is exempt from overtime.
To apply for this job please visit www.sagu.edu.