Assistant/Associate Director of Annual Giving
Southwestern UniversityGeorgetown, TX
Southwestern University invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Director of Annual Giving. This position, as a member of the University Relations Annual Giving team, focuses on expanding fundraising efforts by implementing direct marketing strategies including the phonathon, direct mail, email, and texting programs. This is a full-time, benefited position that reports to the Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Provide leadership, direction, and strategy for the multi-channel phonathon program to generate gifts via phone, text, email, and mail. Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and monitor the progress of paid student fundraising assistants. Work on-site during all phonathon shifts to guide, mentor, and motivate the student fundraising assistants, and to verify all pledges/gifts made. Manage multi-channel workflows to enable students to effectively communicate with alumni and parents. Generate reports to track results and adjust strategies as needed. Serve as primary contact with third-party vendors that may assist with phonathon and text platforms.
- Work with Director of Annual Giving to develop, manage, and implement strategies for the direct mail program, including mass solicitations and targeted campaigns. Collaborate with Marketing to ensure projects meet required timelines and specifications.
- Work with Director of Annual Giving, Director of Stewardship, and staff to develop, expand, and refine all facets of the Annual Giving and stewardship initiatives.
- Coordinate with divisional and University leadership to support overall philanthropic goals and priorities
- Support Southwestern’s comprehensive campaign fundraising efforts.
- Work with the Annual Giving team to coordinate the annual faculty/staff campaign.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; one year (for Assistant Director) or three years (for Associate Director) of development work experience in fundraising or equivalent experience;
- Strong leadership and time management skills with the ability to effectively and simultaneously manage many diverse relationships;
- Ability to control and move forward on several priorities simultaneously, without losing focus on the objectives of the University;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; strategic thinking coupled with a solid understanding of what constitutes well-written development documents essential;
- Ability to function as a catalyst, guide, and doer, and not as a power broker; must possess a high level of self-confidence, professionalism, and the ability to perform under pressure; possess integrity and the ability to build trust through one’s own commitment to high personal and professional standards;
- Evening and weekend work during special events on and off campus is required.
- Resilience and a good sense of humor are essential.
- A Master’s Degree and three plus years of experience in development or other fund-raising capacity is preferred.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/88621. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the names and contact information of three professional references. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to submit application materials as quickly as possible. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.