Advancement Operations Manager
St. Anne's-Belfield SchoolCharlottesville, VA
The Advancement Operations Manager performs a variety of highly critical and complex administrative and project management duties and plays an integral role in the School’s philanthropic and engagement programs. Specifically, this position will support the directors for development, alumni engagement, and family engagement; manage office operations; provide logistical support for all the Advancement-related volunteer committees; process gifts and acknowledgments and manage additional processes and correspondence in partnership with other departments at the school; and, serve as a key point of contact for Advancement.
- Provide project management and other administrative support to the directors for development, alumni engagement and family engagement and support other advancement team members as needed, handling highly sensitive, confidential information;
- In partnership with advancement directors, serve as key logistics manager for the volunteer leadership boards (currently totaling six boards with potential for expansion) by scheduling meetings, maintaining communications, preparing notes, action steps, and producing agendas, materials and training support;
- Work with event leads in planning and tracking special events, included but not limited to drafting of invitation lists, materials sent to constituents about events, accurately tracking RSVP lists, development of briefing materials for School leadership, coordination of necessary prospect profiles, and all related lists added into RE within a timely manner.;
- Coordinate constituent meeting details and travel arrangements for colleagues as needed;
- Process all gifts and prepare acknowledgments in a timely and accurate manner, prepare additional correspondence and reports, including weekly gift report and head of school acknowledgment requests; draft memos/letters and email in response to routine questions; and work with other departments on processes pertaining to advancement;
- Create and routinely update the advancement office procedural manual;
- General office and project management, including processing invoices and credit card statements, ordering and tracking inventory of office supplies, special gift items, etc.;
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of office operations, perform special projects and assignments as requested, ensuring accurate and timely material;
- Serve as point of contact for advancement with other school divisions, alumni and parents;
- Enter action items into Raiser’s Edge constituent records and compile monthly reports on actions completed by advancement staff; and,
- Other duties as needed.
- High level of attention to detail with meticulous organization and planning;
- Perform responsible administrative tasks involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong project management required;
- Maintain a highly professional, collaborative and service-oriented approach;
- Proven problem solving and interpersonal skills with experience providing complex, confidential administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy;
- Proven ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities required;
- Knowledge of or connection to the School’s parent or alumni communities preferred;
- Ability to work across a variety of projects and with diverse constituencies;
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a changing environment required;
- Advanced computer knowledge and proficiency including Word and Excel required, with RaisersEdge preferred;
- Some evening and weekend work related to special events and meetings may be required.
Education and Experience:
At least three years in increasingly responsible office support and management experience supplemented with specialized training preferred.
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports.
Physical Demands and Work Experience: Office environment with frequent interruptions.
To apply for this job please visit stab.isolvedhire.com.