Assistant Director of Annual Giving
St. Lawrence UniversityCanton, NY
Reporting to the Executive Director of Laurentian Engagement and Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for the overall management and execution of the University’s Calling All Saints phone-a-thon program. The assistant director will also manage first and second-year-out classes’ fundraising efforts, the undergraduate giving program, and serve as the staff advisor to the Student Alumni Association. The assistant director will travel to meet with young alumni and staff Laurentian events as scheduling allows.
- Manage and support the Calling All Saints program
- Includes the hiring and training of student managers and callers, caller retention, script development, ongoing mentoring and evaluation.
- The Assistant Director is expected to staff four out of six in-person calling sessions per week. Office hours during the day will be flexible based on evening calling sessions.
- Manage the first and second year-out class philanthropic programs
- Work with key volunteers to create a positive culture for engagement and philanthropic support.
- Participate in appeal development, and travel to meet with first and second year-out alumni to secure annual support and promote volunteer recruitment.
- Attend regional Laurentian events to provide logistical support when schedule allows (i.e. breaks in the Calling All Saints program).
- Manage and support the undergraduate giving program
- Includes working with class committees for appeals and solicitations, with special emphasis on the Senior Class Gift Committee and chair recruitment.
- Work to build education about philanthropy for culture development.
- Help develop annual donor challenge(s) in GiveCampus as appropriate.
- Serve as the staff advisor to the Student Alumni Association
- Offer guidance in the development of the Association’s goals and objectives, organization of annual events/programs and oversight of long-term planning efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of University Advancement’s efforts.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Comparable undergraduate experience in development, alumni relations, admissions, communications, athletics, or student life will be considered.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with donors with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Minimum of one year of experience in higher education, fundraising, sales, marketing or a similar field preferred.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Joseph Keniston, Executive Director of Laurentian Engagement and Annual Giving at [email protected]
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit employment.stlawu.edu.