Senior Advancement Officer Major Gift Officer
SUNY OneontaOneonta, NY
The Division of College Advancement at the State University of New York College at Oneonta invites applications for the position of Senior Advancement Officer – Major Gift Officer. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for College Advancement, expectations are to solicit alumni and other individuals for significant gifts to advance SUNY Oneonta’s mission and strategic planning in support of students, faculty, staff and institutional programs.
Duties include but not limited to:
- identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors with the goal to secure significant gifts of $25,000 to $1 million and above for the College at Oneonta Foundation;
- working with and in support of volunteers, Advancement staff, and other college representatives; initiating and enhancing relationships with potential donors; planning and conducting travel regionally and nationally to meet with donors and prospective donors.
- The successful candidate will be a strong advocate for SUNY Oneonta and its mission; will display creativity, initiative and excellent communication skills; and have the ability to work collaboratively as a member of the College Advancement team.
- bachelor’s degree at the time of hire;
- excellent written communication and presentation skills;
- demonstrable success in building productive, long-term relationships with internal and external constituencies;
- proven ability to work independently and also collaboratively as part of a team;
- excellent organization skills; ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends as needed;
- valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fundraising/advancement, financial planning, or related field;
- experience securing major gifts of $25,000 and above;
- professional experience working in a higher education environment;
- experience working with and serving diverse populations.
To apply for this job please visit oneonta.interviewexchange.com.