Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Tarleton State UniversityStephenville, TX
Tarleton State University seeks qualified applicants for the position of Vice President for Institutional Advancement to lead development and fundraising efforts for the University. Reporting directly to the University President, this position has primary responsibility for Development, Advancement Services, Alumni Engagement and the W. K. Gordon Center, also serving as an Executive Officer of the Tarleton Foundation and University Liaison to the Tarleton Alumni Association. The VP is a member of the President’s Cabinet and responsible for Leadership and Management of the Advancement Team (30%); Communication, Collaboration and Professionalism (30%); Mission, Planning and Core Values (20%); and Execution (20%).
Leadership and Management
- Makes effective & timely decisions and delegates appropriately
- Establishes appropriate policies and procedures
- Prepares and monitors budget, uses as a strategic management tool
- Motivates team with goals, strategies, timelines
- Develops individual strengths, supports personal & professional growth
- Directs fundraising goals, projects, solicitation, and stewardship
Communication, Collaboration, and Professionalism
- Effectively communicates with Tarleton constituents
- Ensures cultivation of alumni communication and involvement
- Creates a collegial environment where teamwork is promoted & valued
- Collaborates across departments, divisions and other members of the System
- Advances high standards of business, professional and social ethics
- Engages in professional and community activities
- Encourages culture of diversity, inclusion in both employment and use of HUB’s
- Cultivates, encourages and leads by example in professional relationships with current and prospective donors, alumni, and friends of Tarleton
Mission, Planning and Core Values
- Sets goals and benchmarks that support Tarleton’s mission
- Focuses on ensuring success for entire Advancement division and each individual
- Casts strategic vision for the division and plans effectively
- Supports strategic goals and mission of the division and the university
- Embraces and provides an effective example of Tarleton’s core values: integrity, leadership, tradition, civility, respect, excellence and service
- Accomplishes work plan and appropriate goals in the University’s strategic plan
- Ensures work of the division is of high quality
- Develops a team fundraising approach across campus
- Works effectively with Deans, Athletics, and Student Services
- Ensures proposals, projects and programs are prepared in timely fashion
Education & Experience: Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred. Terminal degree (such as JD) and proven experience also acceptable. Ten years of progressively responsible experience in major areas of institutional advancement required, including alumni relations, major gift fundraising and capital campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability: Creative & innovative leadership skills. Proven leadership experience, including management, motivation, communication, and administration. Track record of collaboration, building partnerships, and ability to relate effectively with diverse constituents. Ability to create a vision, take steps necessary to actualize a strategic plan, set organizational goals and implementation of a successful fundraising program.
To apply for this job please visit www.tarleton.edu.