Texas A&M University-CommerceCommerce, TX
The Development Officer II, under direction, is responsible for managing a personal portfolio of 75+ major gift prospects. A fundraiser strives to be a servant to the process, providing opportunities for donors to realize their dreams through philanthropy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift prospects in collaboration with the Development Director(s), Deans, faculty and senior Advancement team.
- Builds, maintains and strengthens positive relationships with individuals within and external to, the University community.
- Aggressively pursues major gift fundraising initiatives and ensures appropriate recognition.
- In collaboration with advancement services, performs research regarding individuals’ giving capacity, interests and giving history.
- Updates actions, visits, opportunities, communication and moves management in Raisers edge.
- Collaborates with faculty, and communications to assist in the research and development of appropriate fundraising proposals.
- Responsible for achieving performance goals, as outlined by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Regularly attends and participates in university wide functions and alumni events.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Two (2) years of related experience.
- Knowledge / Skills:Strong organizational skills, ability to work well with colleagues and students. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to manage several large projects simultaneously.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid Driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Frequent travel averaging about 40% of time spent out of the office. Travel will include air and overnight stays.
- Higher Education fundraising experience or face-to-face solicitation.
- Database application experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s