Director of Annual Giving
Texas Lutheran UniversitySeguin, TX
Supervisor: Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
Responsible for planning and managing an aggressive annual giving program that will focus on increasing number of President Associates for TLU and increasing total unrestricted giving for the university. Oversees the Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
- Plan and manage an aggressive annual giving program, including, direct mail appeals, e-solicitations, student and parent giving, faculty/staff giving, young alumni, parents council, giving day, crowdfunding and student calling.
- Develop detailed written plan for implementing and expanding the annual giving program.
- Develop a system for tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of the program. Provide analytical reports and recommendations at the conclusion of each initiative.
- Research and incorporate best practices as practical and appropriate.
- Develop network of alumni and other friends of Texas Lutheran University to assist in raising annual funds.
- In conjunction with volunteer leadership and other staff, propose and manage all communications for each initiative, including development of visual materials and cases for support.
- Engage outside services for direct mail appeals as needed.
- Develop and manage a donor recognition program for contributors.
- Oversee a portfolio of constituents to use the moves management system to upgrade donors, and to identify and cultivate prospects for annual giving solicitations. This position will conduct approx. six visits per month. Travel required.
- Develop a solicitation plan for identifying prospective and current President’s Associates members.
- Plan and execute annual President’s Associates Dinner.
- Work as a team player, supporting and assisting other staff and volunteers.
- Identify and participate departmental/institutional opportunity with continuous improvement as a goal.
- Enhance team effectiveness through dependability.
- Work as a member of the Development Leadership Team.
- Make customers feel welcome and respected as individuals, treating them with courtesy and dignity.
- Exhibit appropriate behavior in customer areas.
- Demonstrate essential telephone courtesy.
- Maintain a professional image.
- Keep the work environment neat and orderly.
- Maintain a safe environment through adherence to all safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of two years experience in higher education development or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Considerable judgment is required
- Knowledge or adaptability to Excel, Micosoft Word 2007, and Publisher
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to effectively plan, implement and evaluate
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to effectively manage others
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must support the mission and strategic plan of Texas Lutheran University
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary
Some travel required. Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events and activities is required.
Membership in professional development organization preferred (AFP, AGN, etc).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for this job please visit www.tlu.edu.