Assistant Director, Leadership Gifts
The Lawrenceville SchoolLawrenceville, NJ
The Assistant Director, Leadership Gifts is responsible for the successful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of both restricted and unrestricted gifts in support of the School’s priorities. Donors in the Assistant Director’s pool will represent the next generation of the Lawrenceville’s key supporters, and this individual will work closely with the Associate Director of The Lawrenceville Fund to orchestrate solicitation strategies that will engage this group of young alumni. The Assistant Director will work with a portfolio of identified prospects and is expected to successfully close gifts $2,500 and higher.
Typical responsibilities include the following:
- Visit prospective donors on their own, and with volunteers and administrators/colleagues.
- Develop long-term fundraising strategies for each assigned/identified donor.
- Work in conjunction with Leadership Gifts Officers and others to coordinate and manage cohesive strategies on key donor families.
- Develop gift ideas, foster friendships, and solicit and steward gifts. Successfully execute action step and follow-up resulting from each visit.
- Secure support for School priorities as defined by Lawrenceville’s leadership.
- Re-engage potential first-time donors in the life of the School, with the goal of moving key young alumni constituents toward their first significant gift to Lawrenceville.
- Present Lawrenceville’s mission and needs, effectively and articulately, while connecting donors with meaningful philanthropic opportunities.
- Engage senior administrators, faculty, trustees, and others in approaching potential donors.
- Direct and prepare detailed visit briefings, strategy documents, solicitation proposals, and stewardship reports both independently and with colleagues.
The strongest applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of development experience in an educational setting, with alumni relations, fundraising, and/or volunteer management experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of fundraising.
- Highest standards of professionalism and performances as evidenced by collaborative teamwork, initiative, critical thinking, good judgment, consistency of output, timeliness in follow-through, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and command the respect of colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to participate meaningfully and creatively in goal setting, long- and short-term strategic planning, and problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to set clear priorities and manages time well.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment regarding prospects and all other areas of performance without close day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to work with discretion at all times; must be able to keep all data confidential concerning Lawrenceville and its constituencies.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the values and mission of Lawrenceville and secondary education.
- This position is required to travel 3-5 days per month, with the expectation of 6-10 scheduled visits per month, and will require early morning and evening work as required.
The Lawrenceville School is a diverse and inclusive community and makes all employment decisions without regard for an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability (including AIDS and HIV related illness), genetic information, refusal to provide genetic information, refusal to submit to genetic testing, ancestry, familial status, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, atypical cellular or blood trait, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Lawrenceville School will also provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.