Assistant Director of The Lawrenceville Fund
The Lawrenceville SchoolLawrenceville, NJ
Founded in 1810, The Lawrenceville School, one of the country’s premier independent schools, is located in central New Jersey, five miles south of Princeton, 55 miles south of New York City, and 40 miles north of Philadelphia. Lawrenceville attracts outstanding students in grades 9-12, including about two dozen post-graduates. Lawrenceville’s 814 students come from more than 30 states and 40 countries, with more than a quarter receiving assistance from a $12.9 million dollar financial aid budget. Lawrenceville strives to recruit, retain, and support a diverse and talented faculty and staff who both reflect the diversity of our student body and are committed to our mission: to inspire the best in each to seek the best for all.
The Lawrenceville School announces an opening for an Assistant Director of The Lawrenceville Fund. We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic, collegial individuals who want to work with both adults and high school students in a collaborative and inclusive academic setting.
The Assistant Director of the Lawrenceville Fund manages the day-to-day operations of the young alumni giving program while building a student philanthropy program. They will maintain fundraising responsibility for the 15 youngest classes (non-reunion) with a focus on college aged alumni in addition to leading all student philanthropy efforts including the management of a robust senior class gift. The Assistant Director must be able to ask for young alumni-level leadership gifts and multi-year participatory gifts on personal visits and support their respective young alumni volunteers, as these individuals are often critical to the success of our fundraising goals.
- With direction from the Director of The Lawrenceville Parents Fund and Young Alumni Giving, lead young alumni giving strategies with a focus on our college-aged alumni.
- Recruit and manage young alumni class fundraising teams with a focus on increasing young alumni participation in the annual fund.
- Anticipate needs in advance of and during fundraising cycles, begin goal setting, effective individual screening, identification of potential leadership donors and possible solicitors, volunteer recruitment, routine volunteer meetings and training, conference calls, and frequent follow-up with solicitors.
- Conducts at least 125 personal visits per year, with an emphasis on increasing young alumni participation.
- Work collaboratively with Alumni Relations team on Young Alumni engagement activities
- Lead student philanthropy efforts including the management of the senior gift campaign and robust student philanthropy program including a tuition runs out day.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of development experience and/or direct solicitation or volunteer management experience required
- Must be able to recruit, train, motivate, and retain a corps of committed volunteers for Lawrenceville
- Must be able to work earnestly and cooperatively as a team with coworkers and volunteers, and give and receive feedback
- Must be able to work in a friendly and collegial manner, with a thorough appreciation for the goals and mission of Lawrenceville, the interests of independent secondary education, and an understanding of liberal education as well as the operations that attend to schools of that nature
- Must be able to analyze and determine regional strategies for engagement and fund development, and must be able to present frequent goal analysis and results and be prepared to suggest new strategies when appropriate
- Should have some experience with class segmentation and be able to identify specific alumni constituencies within classes
- Must possess clear, concise, and effective writing and speaking skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite products and donor databases
To apply for this job please visit careers-lawrenceville.icims.com.