Assistant/Associate Director of the Lawrenceville Fund
The Lawrenceville SchoolLawrenceville, NJ
The Associate Director of The Lawrenceville Fund, under the supervision of the Director of The Lawrenceville Fund and with strong coordination across Alumni and Development, is charged with executing a robust marketing and stewardship program for The Lawrenceville Fund and Parents Fund. This includes the execution and analysis of a solicitation and communication plan for all mass marketing channels: direct mail, email, social media, web-giving, and giving days, as well as execution of stewardship mailings and overseeing our calling program. Additionally, this person will oversee the strategy, planning and execution of donor challenges and will be responsible for managing Lawrenceville’s relationships with our annual giving technology vendors (currently GiveCampus and ThruText) and any outside mailing vendors. This role will also work in close partnership with the Advancement Systems team to further develop our ability to strategically use data to drive the work of The Lawrenceville Fund.
To be considered a qualified candidate, you must submit a cover letter.
- In partnership with the Director of The Lawrenceville Fund and in coordination with other Alumni and Development (A&D) colleagues, execute a comprehensive and cohesive marketing strategy to be employed across all communication channels.
- Execute a robust direct mail/email schedule including detailed segmentation and audience based messaging. Ensure best practices are instituted and maintained while maximizing donor acquisition/renewal and dollars raised.
- Help to identify creative opportunities to collaborate with other A&D stakeholders to maximize the impact of the work as well as to provide an exceptional donor experience.
- Execute an email appeal strategy that is strongly related and supported by direct mail. Ensure timely reporting and cutting-edge segmentation and testing to maximize results.
- Manage the December and June student/young alumni calling program.
- In strong partnership with the Advancement Systems team, provide timely and accurate reporting for The Lawrenceville Fund team as it pertains to appeal performance, segmentation strategy and results, as well as projections and benchmarking toward overall goals. Assist with volunteer reporting.
- Identify unique donor segments where innovative marketing and stewardship can have a significant impact such as first time donors, lapsed donors, and affinity groups.
- Execute projects that have an impact across A&D, such as the determination and data input of strategic ask amounts and fiscal year end reporting strategies.
- Manage and lead execution of short-term donor challenges and partner with the Associate Director of The Lawrenceville Fund and Director on the implementation of Big Red Giving Day.
- Bachelor’s degree. 3-5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced institution/professional setting.
- Experience in nonprofit/education fundraising preferred, specifically marketing or stewardship related.
- Experience with data reporting, manipulation and analytics strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and organizational skills, as well as proficient computer and database skills.
- Self-motivation with the ability to prioritize, take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision is critical.
- Must be able to work in a friendly and collegial manner, with a thorough appreciation for the goals and mission of Lawrenceville, the interests of independent secondary education, and an understanding of liberal education as well as the operations that attend to schools of that nature.
- Proficiency in excel, access, word and donor databases (ex: Millenium)
- Delegate and manage multiple time-sensitive tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain a positive work environment by collaborating and partnering with colleagues across campus.
- Occasional evening and weekend work (ex: Alumni Weekend) may be required to meet deadlines as well as to collaborate with A&D colleagues to serve our campus, alumni, and parent constituencies.
To apply for this job please visit careers-lawrenceville.icims.com.