Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving
The Ohio State UniversityColumbus, OH
The Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving develops and manages large multi-channel campaigns focused on donor renewal, reacquisition, acquisition, and revenue for our academic and specialty units (non WMC and Health Science related units) that align with the university’s and college/units’ annual goals. They create plans and strategies for constituent fundraising with an emphasis on faculty/staff, students, parents, past donors, and alumni, and are responsible for related solicitation schedules.
Working closely with the Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving for WMC and Health Sciences, they will create and maintain toolkits and best practices for college/unit specific annual giving work, help inform roles and partnerships with college and unit liaisons, develop and execute projects and programs that support Capital Campaign objectives, and work with the analytics team to glean insights on campaign performance, providing recommendations and adjustments as necessary.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Annual Giving, the Senior Associate Director will serve as a supervisor, be skilled in managing and organizing their work and time, successfully work in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and demands including occasional evening and weekend work, and are expected to be familiar with and able to utilize MS Office programs and alumni/donor database/CRM. All members of Advancement are part of creating an inclusive culture that inspires an exceptionally diverse and talented team and are measured on their adherence to the following core competencies: leadership, continuous improvement, teamwork and collaboration, and communication/interpersonal effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
75% Develops and manages large multi-channel campaigns that meet established annual goals focused on donor renewal, reacquisition, acquisition and revenue. Plays a key role in building partnerships with academic and specialty college/unit liaisons and will assist with the development and management of related campaigns throughout the year that align with the units’ annual goals. Creates and maintains toolkits and best practices that are published for unit-specific annual giving work. Works with analytics team to glean insights on campaign performance and provide recommendations and adjusts as necessary.
Hires, trains, and supervises staff; establishes and monitors goals, provides performance feedback and coaching, and supports professional development; completes annual performance management procedures; manages performance issues; is responsible for using independent, consistent and fair judgement in exercising authority; develops procedures, assigns and prioritizes work, and ensures that the resources needed to accomplish work are provided.
20% Works closely with Advancement Communication to ensure the message is consistent and relevant to the audience for each piece. Strong communication and editing skills to account for correct design and message is executed for each strategy.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 3 years of related professional work experience in the areas of annual giving and/or direct fundraising.
- Ability to analyze annual giving fundraising data to find trends in and identify indicators that drive results.
- Proven experience with proactively initiating the development of annual giving/fundraising strategy and marketing of the program.
- At least one year of management experience or an equivalent amount of related experience (two years of volunteer leadership or lead worker experience such as oversight responsibility for work assignments, performance, and/or department-level projects or 80 hours of training in basic supervision or management principles.
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5 years of related professional work experience in the areas of annual giving and/or direct fundraising.
- Experience in academic fundraising especially working with a variety of specialty units.
- Experience with monthly sustaining donor program.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit osujoblinks.com.