Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
The Pingry SchoolBasking Ridge, NJ
The Pingry School, a K-12 coeducational, independent country day school, is recognized throughout the United States for its academic excellence, Honor Code, arts, athletics, and community and civic engagement. The school’s mission is to foster in students a lifelong commitment to scholarly exploration, personal growth, and social responsibility while preparing them to be global citizens and luminaries of the 21st century. Dr. John F. Pingry founded the school in 1861 in Elizabeth, New Jersey, and today there are three campuses: Grades K-5 in Short Hills, Grades 6-12 in Basking Ridge, and a shared campus for Grades K-12 in Pottersville that focuses on experiential education. The diverse student body is composed of more than 1,100 students from nearly 100 towns in New Jersey and New York. For more information visit the school’s website, pingry.org, or follow The Pingry School on Facebook and Twitter.
The Pingry School’s Office of Institutional Advancement is responsible for the outreach to the school’s internal and external constituencies. Through community outreach and relationship building, the department motivates Pingry’s constituencies and the community-at-large to financially support the school. By obtaining the financial resources required by The Pingry School to carry out its educational objectives, the department plays a vital role in contributing to the overall education and personal development of Pingry students and maintaining Pingry’s place as an outstanding educational institution.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations is a key member of the team responsible for developing and leading a strategic and comprehensive alumni program to inspire philanthropic support and life-long engagement. Programming to include a diverse range of targeted local, regional, and national opportunities. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Community Relations, The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations will partner together to establish/set goals, create a framework for engagement metrics, and analyze data and assess progress.
- Responsible for the development and management of Pingry’s Alumni Association(PAA) Board of Directors and subcommittees (Achievement in the Arts Committee, Alumnae Committee, Alumni of Color Affinity Group, LGBTQ+ Alumni Affinity Group, Athletics Hall of Fame Committee, Awards Committee, Career Day Committee, Nominating Committee, Nominating Committee).
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, recruits, and stewards alumni volunteers and PAA Board members.
- Plan and implement alumni programming including but not limited to Reunion, Homecoming, mentorship, and professional networking, following industry best practices, to ensure that The Pingry School effectively engages its alumni in support of the School’s mission and initiatives.
- Effectively communicate to and partner with the Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events on the coordination of program and event logistics.
- Forge strong relationships with campus partners to maximize alumni engagement opportunities and outreach.
- Domestic day travel, as well as evenings and weekend work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Commitment to embracing the mission of The Pingry School.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a fast-paced organization with demonstrated success in alumni engagement, volunteer development and management, and special events.
- Passion for cultivating relationships with the ability to understand and tend to the needs of alumni, enthusiastically, promptly, and effectively.
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to compile and analyze data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with superior attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- An ability to speak effectively in public.
- Ability to work well with diverse constituencies; and demonstrated level of cultural competence.
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including but not limited to Google Docs, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Veracross preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
The Pingry School aspires to be an anti-racist community and is committed to the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Pingry is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Pingry School’s employment policy is that individuals will receive equal opportunity in all matters pertaining to recruitment, employment, salary, promotion, and assignment, regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or other basis proscribed by federal, state, and local law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.pingry.org.