Assistant Director of Data Services
The Pingry SchoolBasking Ridge, NJ
The Pingry School, a K-12 coeducational, independent country day school, is recognized throughout the United States for its academic excellence, Honor Code, arts, athletics, and community and civic engagement. The school’s mission is to foster in students a lifelong commitment to scholarly exploration, personal growth, and social responsibility while preparing them to be global citizens and luminaries of the 21st century. Dr. John F. Pingry founded the school in 1861 in Elizabeth, New Jersey, and today there are three campuses: Grades K-5 in Short Hills, Grades 6-12 in Basking Ridge, and a shared campus for Grades K-12 in Pottersville that focuses on experiential education. The diverse student body is composed of more than 1,100 students from nearly 100 towns in New Jersey and New York. For more information visit the school’s website, pingry.org, or follow The Pingry School on Facebook and Twitter.
The Pingry School’s Office of Development is responsible for the outreach to the school’s internal and external constituencies. Through community outreach and relationship building the department motivates Pingry’s constituencies and the community at-large to financially support the school. By obtaining the financial resources required by The Pingry School to carry out its educational objectives, the department plays a vital role in contributing to the overall education and personal development of Pingry students and maintaining Pingry’s place as an outstanding educational institution.
The Assistant Director of Data Services will be an integral part of the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) working towards an integrated model of data stewardship and usage throughout the three departments that comprise OIA, Development, Communications, and Admissions.
Development: This position will be responsible for data and gift entry for all constituents so that the processing, tracking, reporting, and acknowledgment of all gifts and engagement activities are performed in an accurate and timely fashion and will ensure that the data derived from these activities is maintained and can be easily accessed. In collaboration with the Director of Advancement Services they will create and disseminate a full range of reports and information to support the overall mission of the Institutional Advancement office.
Communications: This position will partner with the Communications department to ensure data is being used effectively to communicate and market The Pingry School. The Assistant Director will work closely with Communications staff both prior to, and after, communications to make sure the right message is getting to the right audience. This will include working on search engine optimization, channel optimization, and viewership reporting.
Admissions: The Assistant Director will partner with the Admissions department to ensure data accuracy and integrity for applicants and new families. They will also be responsible for online application, event creation, and admission event management.
The Assistant Director of Data Services reports to the Director of Advancement Services. This is a full-time, twelve-month position.
- Responsible for the collection, entry, compilation and evaluation of data to provide analyses of results to support Pingry. This includes, but is not limited to, gift entry, tracking, and filing, and constituent data updates.
- Liaise with the business office to properly deposit all gifts and serve as a resource for various business office financial reports
- In collaboration with the Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations, produce and disseminate acknowledgement receipts
- Build, review, and execute regular and ad hoc reports, both gift and biographical, and respond to ad hoc requests for lists and information.
- Assist with data integrations into other systems such as GiveCampus and DonorSearch.
- Work with Admissions:
- Ensure data integrity of new applicant and parent data
- Construct digital applications including recommendation and transcript review, uploading of corresponding files, and confirmation of receipt
- Manage Admissions events including event registration, communication, and logistics
- Work with Communications:
- Ensure proper usage of search engine optimization and communications channels
- Working with Communications staff to create data driven marketing lists and campaigns
- Partner with Digital Communications Strategist to report on marketing efforts
- With Director of Advancement Services:
- Provide guidance and training to office staff on programs like Veracross, Composer, and DonorSearch
- Create and maintain online giving forms
- Create and maintain appeal coding for solicitations and work with annual giving team to ensure coding is accurate within the Advancement database.
- Develop and update policies, procedures, and workflow documentation for the Advancement CRM system.
- Create all necessary mailing and email lists
- Perform all global changes and updates to the database including wealth screenings and annual Pingry Fund targets/solicitors.
- Collaborates with annual fund, community relations, individual philanthropy, and stewardship colleagues to establish an annual schedule of data needs to support their initiatives to ensure that all fundraising, friendraising and stewardship initiatives are done both timely and accurately.
- Reviews systems regularly to identify problems, extract supporting data, and deliver and implement workable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with fundraising systems preferred, particularly Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge or Veracross
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including, but not limited to, Google Docs and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of fundraising experience preferred ideally with a focus on advancement services, development systems, CRM systems, or data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a superior attention to detail and ability to multitask. An ability to speak effectively with a variety of constituencies is needed.
- Must possess research, analytical, and critical thinking skills and have the ability to compile and interpret data and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Requires excellent problem solving skills that demonstrate a range of other competencies such as logic, creativity, resilience, imagination, lateral thinking and determination.
- Working knowledge of CASE and IRS requirements for fundraising
- Commitment to embracing The Pingry School mission
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- In addition to honor and character, commitment to intellectual engagement, and appreciation for stewardship and sustainability, especially important is the candidate’s ease with diverse constituencies and demonstrated commitment to an inclusive school community.
The Pingry School aspires to be an anti-racist community and is committed to the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Pingry is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Pingry School’s employment policy is that individuals will receive equal opportunity in all matters pertaining to recruitment, employment, salary, promotion, and assignment, regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or other basis proscribed by federal, state, and local law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.pingry.org.