Director of Acquisition (Annual Giving)
The University of New Mexico Foundation, Inc.Albuquerque, NM
Join a collaborative, dynamic team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM Foundation’s mission is to create powerful engagements and partnerships that lead to increased philanthropy, investment, innovation, and support for The University of New Mexico.
The University of New Mexico Foundation seeks applications for the position of Director of Acquisition (Annual Giving). This position is responsible for developing strategies to continuously increase the involvement of UNM alumni/ae and friends in giving to the University. The Acquisition program consists of various fundraising programs including but not limited to telemarketing, direct mail, email, social media, and face-to-face solicitations.
- Oversee all aspects of the University of New Mexico Foundation Acquisition program, including the Presidential Scholarship Program.
- Implement procedures and practices for the most effective collaboration between programs, faculty and staff, Alumni Relations, and development officers.
- Build annual operating plan, establishing targets and timeframes.
- Prepare and/or review donor correspondence, scripts, direct marketing content, etc. as needed.
- Provide leadership to acquisition staff and volunteers in their efforts to successfully engage and leverage support of prospects and donors.
- Identify donors, solicit funds, and cultivate relationships among various constituent groups to increase participation and support.
- Direct cultivation and stewardship of program donors, including events to identify prospects, solicit gifts, increase participation and revenue.
- Identify Major Gift prospects and share with management team.
- Work collaboratively with Development Officers, UNM Foundation staff, and campus colleagues.
- Establish and continually evaluate goals as well as key metrics to ensure various programs and initiatives are meeting/exceeding expectations/objectives.
- Develop and monitor annual budget to support operating plan objectives; assure maximum cost-benefit ratio is achieved.
- The Director will be held accountable for achieving department goals.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of staff employees in day-to-day functional activities, as appropriate.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution; Master’s Degree preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in annual fund/annual giving; preference in higher education
- Four (4) or more years of experience in management
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
To apply for this job please visit www.unmfund.org.