Assistant Director for Development
The University of Texas at AustinAustin, TX
To work in collaboration with the Interim Director of Annual Giving strategically designing and implementing all mail and email solicitation plans for University of Texas colleges, schools, units, and departments.
- Analyze past direct marketing results and develop a direct marketing plan for 16+ college, school, and unit (CSU) partners based on these results.
- Maintain solicitation calendars for all direct marketing channels and ensure that all projects are executed in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of activity/solicit codes for all Annual Giving Program direct marketing projects.
- Manage, oversee and proofread copy for some direct mail and email projects and ensure that the copy is in line with university messaging and annual giving best practices. Some direct marketing copy writing expected. Coordinate and work with all mail vendors.
- Manage e-communications specialist position, including monitoring the progress of specific projects and assessing the needs of the position through weekly check-ins, preparing performance reviews, and posting and rehiring position when needed.
- Work with Marketing and Communications team to initiate artwork and update existing campaigns to ensure that Annual Giving Program collateral meets university branding standards.
- Manage the solicitation portion of the President’s Associates program, including preparing monthly progress reports, developing marketing strategies, coordinating renewal and acquisition mailings and emails, and preparing the annual membership roster.
- Work with Reporting and Analytics team to determine the parameters and strategy for direct mail and email projects and ensure that data pulls are complete by each project’s deadline.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience in nonprofit or higher education advancement/development. Experience working with vendors on direct mail pieces. Candidate needs to possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to write for a variety of audiences. Ability to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects amid shifting priorities. Must be able to work with deadlines. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
More than the required years of experience. Knowledge of higher education fundraising and Texas’ philanthropy. Experience with all direct marketing channels including, phone, email, and direct mail. Experience working with donor recognition societies.
Typical office environment. Must be able to work remotely.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Three writing samples, including one direct mail solicitation and one e-solicitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for this job please visit utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.