Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The University of Toledo FoundationToledo, OH
Develop and coordinate annual giving campaigns as they relate to all assigned colleges, programs, and departments at The University of Toledo with the goal of increasing philanthropy and alumni participation through the acquisition, renewal, and reactivation of donors. Assist with the coordination and operation of special campaigns such as Day of Giving. Duties include the development and implementation of multichannel cultivation and solicitation strategies to include direct mail, Phonathon, email, web and crowdfunding solicitations.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Work in collaboration with assigned campus partners to develop, plan and execute strategic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to encourage alumni, friends, students and parents to give.
- Independently develop and execute annual strategic plan to encourage young alumni (graduates of the last ten years) to give.
- Collaborate with Advancement staff and campus partners to cultivate and steward donors with a focus on moving donors to higher giving levels to ensure continued annual support.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, goal planning, and other tasks as needed for special campaigns including Day of Giving.
- Respond to needs/concerns of donors re: fundraising efforts, solicitations, etc.
- Create customized giving reports for development staff, deans, donors and faculty as needed.
Bachelor’s degree is required with three yrs experience in development or comparable experience. Must have experience with budget management, statistical analysis, development and execution of strategic plans. Leadership and/or management experience is preferred. Must have the ability to learn industry specific donor and calling software. Position involves ability to work nights and weekends.
Held accountable for:
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the University of Toledo Foundation and the University. Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to provide quality customer service; plan organize and remain accountable for actions; problem solve with critical thinking; maintain confidentiality; collaborate with other staff.
To apply for this job please visit www.utfoundation.org.