Associate Director, Annual Giving
Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson HealthPhiladelphia, PA
Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Annual Giving, the incumbent will develop, implement and manage a comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support from grateful patients and friends of the Jefferson Health enterprise.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving for clinical operations works collaboratively with the Senior Director of Annual Giving and Jefferson Health leadership, physicians and nursing staff (collectively “Jefferson Health”) and the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) team to build an annual giving pipeline of private support through the acquisition and renewal of grateful patients and friends. The Associate Director will focus on coordinating and distributing researched grateful patient data and information, developing marketing collateral to assist and support the physician referral program, and manage specialty annual giving solicitation activities including direct mail, email, web presence and other engagement centered communications. Specific duties include:
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Annual Giving, identify and implement multi-channel communication opportunities to enhance the clinical annual giving program.
- Create, implement, and manage specialty solicitations annually through various marketing channels such as direct mail, email, social media and individiual donor outreach.
- In consultation with the Senior Director of Annual Giving, develop the overarching strategy for third-party and tribute renewal fundraising, stewardship outreach and implements the ongoing communication strategy.
- Partner with Communications staff to develop content, collateral and other creative elements as needed for all patient recognition marketing.
- Collaborate with Jefferson Health leaders such as Unit Development Officers, clinical department chairs and hospital presidents to identify marketing opportunities.
- In collaboration with the OIA Donor Relations/Stewardship team, the Associate Director works to ensure that annual gifts are stewarded according to industry best practices and manages the implementation an annual stewardship calendar.
- Conduct data cleansing and track program performance through reporting tools.
Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with Jefferson’s core values.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Licenses: Driver’s License
- A minimum of two to three (2-3) years of progressively responsible experience in annual giving or progressively responsible experience in direct marketing or fundraising.
- Experience in a community hospital or academic health center preferred.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of HIPAA, and adhere to Jefferson policy and HIPAA regulations to maintain the security of electronic Personal Health Information that is available through the prospecting reports and other sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to develop and manage projections and a budget.
- Experience with fundraising database software systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
- Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
- Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
- As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.jefferson.edu.