Senior Director, Annual Giving
Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson HealthPhiladelphia, PA
Under the leadership of the Associate Vice President of Annual Giving, the incumbent will design strategies, implement and manage a comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support from alumni of undergraduate programs, parents, students, and friends on behalf of Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University).
Responsible for the strategic execution and management of the annual giving program specifically for undergraduate alumni, parents, and friends as well develop fundraising strategies for annual campaigns and special projects. Specific duties include:
- The incumbent will develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support campus-wide.
- Develop goals and set operational standards for annual giving. Conduct periodic review, assess performance of department, and implement enhancements as needed.
- Set and analyze numerical achievements for all programs such as phonathon pledge rate, average gift size, alumni participation rate, etc.
- Collaborate with annual giving and alumni relations colleagues to manage select fundraising campaigns such as Phonathon, Giving Day, Employee Campaign, Reunion Giving, and Senior Class Gift.
- Collaborate with Deans and Unit Development Officers to oversee the strategies and implementation of long-term, comprehensive annual giving programs for each unit.
- Partner with other campus units such as Student Affairs, Alumni Relations and other colleagues to represent annual giving goals and objectives.
- Maintain annual giving program budget and track all expenditures including coordinating with outside vendors such as printers, writers, postal service and consultants.
- Perform the full range of supervisory duties including providing strategic direction and oversight for the University Annual Giving staff.
- In collaboration with the OIA Donor Relations/Stewardship team, the senior director works to ensure that annual gifts are stewarded according to industry best practices.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with Jefferson’s core values.
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced study or additional degree in a related field is helpful.
- A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of progressively responsible experience in annual giving or progressively responsible experience in direct marketing or fundraising. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Proven experience in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and securing annual gifts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to develop and manage projections and a budget.
- Ability to supervise various fundraising programs and individuals.
- Experience with fundraising database software systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
- Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
- Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
- As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.jefferson.edu.