Tidewater Community CollegeNorfolk, VA
The TCC Campaign Fundraiser is responsible for securing philanthropic support for priority initiatives of the college’s major gifts campaign. Priorities will be assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA). The Campaign Fundraiser, through effective identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation donors, is expected to close four,- five- and occasional six-figure gifts, with potential to increase pipeline prospecting. The Campaign Fundraiser works collaboratively with college leadership to create compelling proposals. The incumbent may accompany the President and VPIA on donor visits. The expectation is that the Campaign Fundraiser will spend at least 75% of time in the field.
- Fundraising. Responsible for meeting fundraising goals, as determined and communicated by the VPIA.
- Fundraising progress toward the goals set by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement will be assessed during the annual review. Monies raised by must include a minimum of 30% unrestricted funds and 60% new (non-recurring or lapsed) donations.
- Manage a list/portfolio of at least 25 prospects, as determined by the VPIA.
- Execute a minimum of six “touches,” including at least four non-electronic touches per year, with targeted prospects in portfolio. “Touches” are defined as in-person meetings, completed phone conversations, or email exchanges that demonstrate clear progress toward cultivation, solicitation or stewardship.
- Track progress and enter information using Raiser’s Edge.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit additional donors capable of making significant gifts to TCCEF.
- Assist in the college’s prospect identification and management process.
- Follow up on donor inquiries and donor relations’ issues.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Collaborate with team members to create and enhance fundraising collateral materials, donor solicitation materials, and donor funding proposals.
- Attend donor-related meetings and draft correspondence.
- Other Duties. Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, including those delineated below.
- Represent TCC’s development interests at college and external activities.
- Support and assist with implementation of special donor events.
- Fund-raising experience, including annual and major gifts campaigns. Experience in higher education or in Hampton Roads is preferred
- Demonstrated and documented success in fundraising, including measuring progress and meeting fundraising goals.
- Knowledge of fund development and experience building fund-sustaining practices.
- The ability to effectively articulate the vision and priorities of Tidewater Community College.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and knowledge of fund-raising best practices.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to use relevant software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, presentation skills and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend assignments.
Hiring Range: $65,000 – $80,000, commensurate w/ experience.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vccs.edu.