Class Officer, Reunions
Tulane UniversityNew Orleans, LA
The Class Officer, Reunions is a full-time professional fundraising position reporting to the Senior Director of Reunion Giving. The position will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of reunion classes in an effort to engage new donors, identify leadership prospects, and train prospects and volunteers about the case for giving to Tulane. The Reunion Class Officer will solicit and close gifts for the Tulane Fund and for university and school priorities, and work with officers and staff throughout University Relations and Development to develop strategies for closing annual, major, and planned gifts during the reunion cycle. The position will work with the Alumni Relations office and others to identify leaders for the class reunion effort and to ensure strong participation of giving and attendance. Working with appropriate department leadership and others throughout the university, the Reunion Class Officer will determine the best enlistment strategies and make sure they are executed in a timely way. The position will be evaluated on a variety of metrics including: overall giving totals for the Tulane Fund and major gifts, class participation and donor counts, numbers of alumni enlisted to their committees, numbers of solicitations assigned and completed by volunteers, numbers of one-on-one visits conducted during the year.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel (approximately 33%), as well as attend events on evenings and weekends
- Ability and commitment to serve as a positive, contributing member of the Development team
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year direct fund raising or transferable experience. Transferable experience includes: marketing, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, volunteer management, or sales experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 6 years of directly related experience
- Specific experience in the solicitation and closing of major gifts in a research university environment preferred
- Knowledge of various software systems to include Microsoft Word and Access
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education
- Familiarity with web design and the use of social media to reach constituent groups
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tulane.edu.