Senior Call Center Manager/Analyst
Tulane UniversityNew Orleans, LA
The Senior Call Center Manager/Analyst is responsible for overseeing the overall achievements of the Engagement Center. This professional position reports directly to the Director of Annual Giving Campaigns. The Senior Call Center Manager/Analyst is responsible for administering an effective and dynamic calling program as a strategic part of the University’s Annual Giving Campaigns program. The Senior Manager will oversee the Annual Giving Campaign’s outbound call center (located at 2510 Calhoun Street, New Orleans, LA 70118) and supervise a staff of approximately 50 part-time student callers who are part of the team that contacts Tulane University alumni, parents, friends and other constituents, via phone, to secure financial contributions, secure record updates, and share university updates. This position is responsible for Engagement Center operations including but not limited to recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, retention, supervision, and discipline of student callers. The Senior Manager helps direct and implement the Engagement Center strategy. In partnership with the Senior Business Analyst, Annual Fund, the Senior Manager will oversee data-related responsibilities to include but are not limited to reporting, data management and pledge fulfillment. This position will monitor systems and processes to maximize Engagement Center efficiency and return on investment.
- Professional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of students, administrators, staff, faculty, alumni and volunteers.
- Ability to have a positive, achievement-oriented attitude and persistent, proactive work ethic.
- Computer knowledge of both hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willingness to learn Engagement Center related software and information systems.
- Ability to work with data for planning and evaluation and have a comfort with numbers and statistics.
- Ability to supervise and manage a team of 50 part-time Tulane students.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor giving information.
- Highly proficient project management skills when overseeing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to take initiative, have initiative, and drive a team to achieve goals.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability and desire to work a 1p to 10p Sunday – Thursday semi-regularly as well as be on-call when student callers are on shift.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in program development, implementation, or management required, including 1 year of direct fund-raising or transferrable experience
- High school diploma and equivalent of 9 years’ direct experience.
- Supervisory Experience
- Telemarketing experience and/or experience as a student caller
- Experience in a research university environment.
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of various software systems, such as Word, Excel, and a prospect management database.
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tulane.edu.