Alumni and Student Giving Officer
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business SchoolChapel Hill, NC
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is seeking an Alumni and Student Giving Officer to be a part of a successful and dynamic fundraising team, and assist in the overall development goals of the School. Reporting to the Director of Parent Giving, this position will dedicate approximately half of his/her time to growing and managing a goals-driven program focused on increasing annual philanthropic support to UNC Kenan-Flagler from the School’s student population across degree programs. This will involve the recruitment, training, and management of numerous student volunteers, the execution of successful fundraising events throughout the academic year, and the creation of a multichannel marketing campaign aimed at student engagement.
The other half of the Alumni and Student Giving Officer’s time will be spent identifying, cultivating, and soliciting leadership annual gifts ($1,000 – $25,000) from alumni to advance the mission of the Business School. This position will manage a portfolio with campaign-related metrics, travel locally and nationally, and directly solicit gifts from both alumni and students. The officer will also help to identify major gift prospects ($25,000 and above) and pass them off to the School’s regional development officers for further cultivation and solicitation.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, master’s degree preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of one to three years of fundraising or related experience, and a strong understanding of the nature and purpose of higher education.
- Knowledge of development cultivation and the solicitation process is required; direct experience is preferred.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate understanding of the basic principles and techniques of successful annual fundraising as they pertain to: strategy and analysis; communications; data management; annual giving solicitation in various forms (direct mail, electronic, social media, by phone and in person); and effective methods of donor research.
- The successful candidate must also demonstrate: exceptional interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communication skills; a spirit of creativity; an ability to handle multiple priorities; strong organizational skills; an ability to perform well under pressure and handle stress effectively; excellent computer and software skills; and the ability to work collegially and effectively as a member of UNC Kenan-Flagler and the larger UNC community.
- Willingness to travel and work some nights and weekends is required.
To apply for this job please visit unc.peopleadmin.com.