Associate Director of Reunion Giving
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business SchoolChapel Hill, NC
The Associate Director of Reunion Giving is responsible for developing a strategic plan for each UNC Kenan-Flagler reunion class. Coordinate and steward volunteers as part of reunion committees. Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors in conjunction with their reunion. Lead the effort to identify and recruit alumni volunteers from each reunion class working with other Advancement staff. Conduct visits and discovery calls for recruitment of volunteers and development of higher-level donors. Develop and implement strategies to maximize revenue-giving dollars during the Reunion event to meet an overall reunion goal of $1 million in cash and commitments. Manages reunion related communications for both current reunion year and those taking place in the future. Solicits gifts directly from all alumni volunteers in coordination with other Advancement staff. Collaborate closely with others within Advancement as planning is done for general reunion activities as well as programming and activities to support the giving effort. Works with prospect managers in the School and across the campus relating to reunion giving efforts.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Master Degree preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of professional-level, direct solicitation/fundraising experience is required. Preference given to candidates with 3 or more years of demonstrated successful experience in higher education or non-profit fundraising, outside sales, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- High level of enthusiasm, creativity, and strong drive to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School preferable.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit unc.peopleadmin.com.