Director of Development – Library
University of California BerkeleyBerkeley, CA
- Manage a portfolio of 125-150 major gift prospects, the bulk of whom have the capacity to give $100,000 or more to the campus.
- Conduct 10-12 prospect/donor visits per month.
- Raise at least $1 million per year once established with an appropriate portfolio.
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate major donors/prospects with a capacity of $100,000 or more.
- Develop pipeline through discovery, cultivation, and solicitation of significant annual fund donors who can eventually become major donors.
- Solicit gifts directly; work with senior staff, content experts, and key volunteers to implement successful solicitation strategies
- Develop and execute long and short-term strategies to secure gifts from individuals, foundations, and other entities in support of the Library’s mission and strategic plan.
- Manage relationships with some of the University’s most important donors
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of fundraising, donor relations and public relations.
- Experience in capital and endowment campaigns preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, institutional policies, et cetera.
- Advanced written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- Advanced skill in making persuasive and compelling presentations of campus goals/objectives and securing gifts.
- Advanced skill to meet predetermined goals and objectives through effective program/project planning, organization, execution and evaluation.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills.
- Skill to meet or exceed fundraising goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training required.
- Graduate degree and/or equivalent experience/training preferred.
- 10+ years in higher education fundraising preferred.
Salary & Benefits
- This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $93,600.00 – $139,000.00.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Important Message: UC Berkeley’s Applicant Tracking System is down to all users on the following dates, which will restrict access for applicants:
April 29 at 10:00 PM – May 5 at 8:00 AM and May 22 at 10:00 PM – May 27 at 1:00 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s