University of Central OklahomaEdmond, OK
Salary Range: $42,510.36 – $48,510.00 Salary/year
Coordinate fundraising process through internet, web, social networks, direct mail, personal solicitation, commemorative giving, and telethons. Craft and maintain program promotion support materials aimed at donors. Coordinate special events and enlist volunteers to assist in fund solicitation activities. Create tax receipts and acknowledgment of thanks. Suggest strategies for maximizing donations and major gifts.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in developing fundraising goals, objectives, and strategies for the College of Math and Science.
- Compare results achieved with goals established, and periodically advise the Vice President for Advancement and dean of progress being made.
- Makes personal solicitation calls on donors and prospective donors.
- Establishes relationships to create and build a donor base.
- Coordinates with the dean to develop a case statement for the College.
- Determines appropriate strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors, plus appropriate follow-up within the university advancement office, college, department, etc. and the UCO Foundation.
- Develops the concept for, and supervises the preparation of, promotional fundraising literature.
- Develops a fundraising budget and periodically reviews and updates.
- Responsible for all areas of donor recognition (correspondence, printed materials, signage, etc.)
- Develops and manages the development and execution of potential nongovernmental grants for the college and special projects.
- Determines cost effectiveness of each gift program and modify accordingly to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Assists in the development and coordination of the Colleges’ donor programs (i.e. annual meeting, promotional materials, mailings, membership roster, etc.)
- Assists in the coordination of emeriti faculty and staff planned giving education sessions.
- Assists in the coordination of Annual Fund appeal to alumni, donors, and participants.
- Ensures that all donor and prospective donor personal data is maintained and protected.
- Schedules personal visits with active donors, alumni, and potential donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires a university degree in related field plus 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or 7+ years of equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts.
- Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in communications, marketing, or closely related field.
- Three to five years of responsible experience in public relations, marketing, or fund raising, preferably at a public or private higher education institution, or comparable volunteer experience.
- Fundraising experience.
Skill and Behavior: Team executing; Coaching; Developing others; Building and maintaining relationships; Conflict resolution; Delegation; Problem solving; Diversity understanding; Change management. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent organization and time-management skills, including the ability to multi-task. Must be computer proficient in software such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. High degree of energy, creativity, initiative, and flexibility.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.