Director of Alumni Relations & Advancement
University of CharlestonCharleston, WV
The Director of Alumni is a key member of the University’s Advancement team, responsible for building relationships with alumni of the University of Charleston and its predecessor, Morris Harvey College. He/she reports to the Vice President for University Development.
- Planning and implementing events designed to strengthen relationships between the college and its alumni, including a successful program of class reunions.
- Plan 5 regional alumni events
- Cultivating current students, especially seniors, to facilitate their transition from students at the University to alumni who will continue to be involved with the institution and become financial supporters.
- Planning a program of regular communication with alumni including monthly electronic newsletters, Providing support and guidance for the National Alumni Board and the Alumni Association
- Identifying, cultivating, and involving potential volunteer leaders for UC activities, including the Alumni Board and the Board of Trustees.
- Identifying and cultivating alumni who may be prospects for major gifts in support of University initiatives; Face to face visits with 30 alums to identify prospects for gift cultivation.
- Responsible for promoting and coordinating social media within the Advancement Office
- Implement Day of Giving
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Alumni of the University of Charleston or Morris Harvey College preferred
- Demonstrated success in program management, event planning, and/or fundraising
- Experience with college or university alumni/volunteer programs desirable
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and organization skills
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality; must enjoy meeting new people
- Available to attend alumni social events
- Other duties as assigned
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, references & salary requirements to:
University of Charleston
Gail Carter, Vice President of University Development
2300 MacCorkle Ave.
Charleston, WV 25304
The University of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.ucwv.edu.