Assistant/Associate Director, Annual Giving Direct Marketing
University of Cincinnati FoundationCincinnati, OH
The Assistant/Associate Director will work closely with the UC Foundation’s annual giving team to design and execute annual giving appeals in support of the University of Cincinnati and UC Health.
- Manage a comprehensive acquisition and retention campaign for UC and UC Health, with a digital first direct marketing focus utilizing email, digital media and emerging technology resources.
- Work with designers, writers, printers and mail houses toward the creation and fulfillment of e-solicitation, online, social media and direct mail campaigns.
- Use data modeling, historical results, and proven best practices to analyze and develop strategies to acquire new donors, retain current donors, and reacquire lapsed donors to UC and UC Health. Test timing, messaging, and segmentation for various tactics and measure results.
- Manage grateful patient annual giving email and mail appeals using the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Proactively seek information from UC and UC Health internal partners to assist with strategies for solicitation and engagement.
- Be proactive in learning and applying all UC Foundation database and technology solutions. Create and maintain reports, providing information to leadership as needed. Develop audience criteria and build lists that maximize productivity and ensure accuracy. This will include creating queries and processing data.
- Partner with UC Health teams such as marketing, compliance, and information security to ensure that messaging and priorities are aligned and that all outreach is HIPPA compliant.
- Support secondary, grateful patient specialized campaigns for UC Health and UC Colleges, writing and editing copy, providing creative direction, building data lists, and advising clients on best practices.
- Lead specific special programs, including but not limited to #GivingTuesday, Doctors’ Day and Nurses Day. Take full responsibility for programs’ success, working with volunteers and ambassadors to promote initiatives, providing creative direction, and reporting on results.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree with 3-5 of experience in annual giving, healthcare fundraising, or nonprofit marketing is preferred, or advanced degree with 1-3 years of experience.
- Ability to analyze data in order to develop solicitation strategies and measure outcomes.
- Experience in an academic healthcare system is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience using fundraising databases required. Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or CRM preferred.
- Organizational ability and timeliness. Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Self-motivated, team-player.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, professionalism, integrity, honesty and accountability.
The University of Cincinnati Foundation is excited to launch recruitment of a number of key positions as we continue to grow our team to support the important work of the University of Cincinnati and UC Health. We are looking for qualified, collaborative and committed advancement professionals to serve in these roles and make a positive contribution to UCF’s dynamic, mission-driven team. All offers of full-time employment are contingent upon passing a criminal background check and drug test. Positions requiring a degree are also contingent upon education verification.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
- Next s