Digital Philanthropy Center Manager
University of Cincinnati FoundationCincinnati, OH
The Digital Philanthropy Center Manager will work closely with the UC Foundation’s annual giving team to design and execute a comprehensive annual giving program in support of university fundraising initiatives. The Digital Philanthropy Center is a newly implemented program designed for outreach to alumni and donors to solicit gifts in support of the University of Cincinnati. The manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Center, including the implementation of its calling and digital outreach strategy and the supervision of a staff of approximately 50 student employees.
- Oversee all operational aspects of The University of Cincinnati Foundation’s Digital Philanthropy Center program, including training, coaching, mentoring, monitoring, scheduling, retention, supervision, and performance evaluation of approximately 50 part-time DPC student associates and student supervisors who are part of the team that contacts University constituents to update them on campus happenings and secure financial contributions;
- Direct all aspects of operations during each shift to include both shift preparation and shift shutdown (assigning callers to calling pools/prospect lists, publicly recognizing outstanding associates, etc.);
- Maintain up to 20 fully-staffed calling stations per shift, up to eight shifts per week;
- Be present at most calling/outreach shifts, which typically occur year-round, Monday-Friday 6-9 p.m. and Sunday afternoons. A typical work schedule is Sunday-Thursday 12:30-9:30 p.m.
- Set goals for each shift; ensure student employees are focused, well-prepared, and executing on the strategy.
- Troubleshoot basic IT/computer/equipment issues.
- Enforce agreed-upon policies and procedures for attendance and performance;
- Prepare data reports generated by VanillaSoft, the Digital Philanthropy Center’s digital engagement and calling software system;
- Review and analyze above Digital Philanthropy Center reports/statistics as well as individual associate statistics;
- Ensure the consistency and quality of calls and digital engagement through regular monitoring and one-on-one coaching;
- Run pre-determined reports on an agreed-upon schedule (pledge reports, demographic changes, refusal reports, deceased reports, do not call reports, etc.);
- Analyze Donor/Caller statistics from VanillaSoft to identify strengths and areas of opportunity for the program and make recommendations to revise existing fundraising strategies.
- Conduct ongoing recruitment efforts to ensure a consistent pool of student applications for open Digital Philanthropy Center positions;
- Lead the interviewing and hiring process for all Digital Philanthropy Center staff in collaboration with UCF HR and Lead Philanthropy;
- Ensure bi-weekly tracking/submission of all Digital Philanthropy Center employee hours in accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner;
- Create and deliver (in brief one-on-one sessions) monthly evaluations for all staff;
- Attend appropriate meetings, including weekly update meetings with the Annual Giving and Integrated Marketing team and UC Foundation all-staff meetings;
- Work with the Executive Director, Annual Giving and Integrated Marketing to maintain and manage all pre- and post-call communications related to the Digital Philanthropy Center;
- Assist the Executive Director, Annual Giving and Integrated Marketing in creating projections, developing the Digital Philanthropy Center solicitation calendar for the fiscal year;
- Review and analyze all real-time VanillaSoft software data to determine progress towards projections and benchmarks;
- Act as primary editor of caller training and outreach materials; and
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality on all sensitive constituent information.
- Prepare informational materials and training presentations for calling campaigns and ensure callers are knowledgeable about all campaigns;
- Utilize the University of Cincinnati Foundation’s database to update, track, and maintain information received from various constituencies;
- Prepare and send pledge invoices at regular intervals and suggest ways to improve pledge fulfillment rates;
- Plan and coordinate incentive/motivation activities to be executed throughout each call shift;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience working in a fundraising/non-profit or sales environment. Call center experience preferred
- Experience in higher education and/or managing/supervising students, including in a part time role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; willingness and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to develop a rapport with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships.
- High degree of initiative, energy and accountability; strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati.
The University of Cincinnati Foundation is excited to launch recruitment of a number of key positions as we continue to grow our team to support the important work of the University of Cincinnati and UC Health. We are looking for qualified, collaborative and committed advancement professionals to serve in these roles and make a positive contribution to UCF’s dynamic, mission-driven team. All offers of full-time employment are contingent upon passing a criminal background check and drug test. Positions requiring a degree are also contingent upon education verification.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.