Executive Director, Annual Giving
University of FloridaGainesville, FL
The Executive Director, Annual Giving serves on the Alumni Relations & Annual Giving leadership team and provides oversight and management of special events and campaigns for the UF Alumni Association. The Executive Director oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual giving direct marketing strategy for the University of Florida and guides the creation of targeted strategies with unit partners across campus, including the UF Alumni Association. The Executive Director is responsible for developing an annual plan focused on growing alumni participation while maintaining pro-active working relationships with all units and ensuring that goals are reached annually.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the AVP for Alumni Relations and annual giving team to thoughtfully and strategically integrate membership into the overall APR strategy.
- Partner with leadership across the centers of excellence to build program buy-in and to develop innovative programs that drive APR.
- Serve as the annual giving team’s strategic leader on APR and primary liaison to strategic communications, marketing and engagement, operations, and development leadership on topics related to annual giving.
- Proactively identify opportunities to elevate the work of the team.
- Responsible for managing employees including, but not limited to onboarding, training, certifying time and attendance, performance management including conducting annual evaluations and creating action plans.
- Manage staff utilizing talent management best practices in alignment with UF Advancement’s Vision and Values of Service, Excellence and Team.
Direct Marketing Program Oversight
- Develop and execute the University of Florida’s comprehensive annual giving direct marketing program that includes direct mail, digital strategies, and the phonathon and serves the university’s 20+ units partners.
- In partnership with the units, annual giving colleagues, and Advancement leadership, develop a comprehensive direct marketing plan that meets the university’s annual giving goals of growing alumni participation, building pipeline, and raising current-use funds.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive marketing and communications budget for the annual giving program.
- Provide leadership and as necessary, manage new, mission-critical Alumni Participation Rate (APR) initiatives. This includes ensuring the on-budget and on-time management of projects, working with communications on messaging and design, managing vendor partners for implementation, working with data services to get the necessary source data, and determining the most effective segmentation strategies.
- Perform analysis, in partnership with the data analyst, to understand the effectiveness of strategies deployed across direct marketing channels and proactively adjust strategies to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure the annual giving team is effectively serving the units through regular communications, timely reporting, and best-in-class annual giving services.
Student Philanthropy Leadership
- Provide oversight and support for the Florida Cicerones student organization.
- In partnership with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Student Life student philanthropy staff, develop a student philanthropy program, including student membership and special APR initiatives, designed to educate students about the importance of philanthropy and build a culture of giving to UF among current students.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Six to eight years of managing high performing annual giving, membership or direct marketing teams.
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm for fundraising in a comprehensive research university, and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization
- Knowledge of annual giving within philanthropy.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and standards.
- Experience with creating and executing annual giving strategies driving revenue and alumni participation rate and knowledge of best practices within those spaces.
- Ability to think creatively and create innovative annual giving strategies to achieve goals.
- The ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision, work with student staff and deal with the public and staff in a professional manner are key elements in this position.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Proven project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills; ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with both external and internal constituents.
- Ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information and metrics into decision making and strategic planning.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; excellent strategic planning and project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Technologically savvy.
- Fluency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, WWW browsers, preferably Internet Explorer and E-mail. Familiarity with email software, preferably ExactTarget. Familiarity with phone program, software, preferable CampusCall.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver license and good driving record are essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and minimum of three professional references.
- Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
- A valid Florida driver license is required.
To apply for this job please visit explore.jobs.ufl.edu.