Sr. Director of Development-School of Medicine
University of LouisvilleLouisville, KY
- Master’s degree and five years of related experience.
- Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements.
- The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EI Salary Minimum $66,153 Salary Midpoint $92,172
- The ideal candidate will be self-driven and goal oriented, be adept in handling multiple priorities, and act with a high degree of professionalism, personal integrity, creativity, and cooperation, with internal and external constituents.
- Experience in non-profit fundraising, particularly in higher education or the medical field is preferred.
The Senior Director of Development leads and manages a staff of development professionals as determined by supervisor, while planning and executing a comprehensive philanthropic program for the School of Medicine in coordination with the Interim Sr. Executive Director of Development for the Health Sciences Campus and the Dean of the School of Medicine. The Senior Director of Development will work collaboratively with colleagues across University Advancement to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects for the School of Medicine. All job functions must be performed with a high degree of professionalism, including responsibility, initiative, creativity, dependability, human relations, cooperation, courtesy, and in compliance with Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Meet or exceed annual goals as defined each year in a personal assessment scorecard.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 50 major gift donors.
- Solicit and secure gifts to reach a minimum annual goal of $1.5 Million or more (as determined by supervisor).
- Complete a minimum of 125 or more face-to-face meetings annually with donors and prospective donors.
- Record moves management activity within the CRM database.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues through donor identification and donor referral.
- Occasional travel and some night and weekend work required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at [email protected] or 502.852.6258.
To apply for this job please visit hrprpt.louisville.edu.