Director, Annual Giving
University of MarylandCollege Park, MD
The Director of Annual Giving is a campus leader who creates, implements, and evaluates a year-round fundraising program that generates long-term support for the University of Maryland (UMD). The Director will achieve success by developing and executing strategies of a comprehensive multi-channel solicitation plan. This plan will engage multiple constituencies based upon industry best practices and align with UMD’s brand. This critical work includes multi-channel direct marketing touches geared to acquire, retain and upgrade annual donors. This office drives alumni donor growth for major gift efforts and the University’s future fundraising pipeline.
The Director will create and manage a multidimensional appeal schedule that utilizes a variety of mediums, such as e-solicitation, direct mail appeals, a student call center, crowdfunding, texting, social media advertising, and a giving day. This person will manage and assess all direct-response efforts for central annual giving, school and college, and campus-wide micro-campaigns.
The Director is responsible for analyzing the results, identifying donor trends, and refining plans in order to yield the best return on investment. This is a leadership role that will be active within the division and collaborative across campus teams, deploying resources in smart, innovative ways that maximize annual growth and expand UMD’s base of support.
The Director will manage four full-time annual giving professionals and is responsible for annual donor and revenue goals.
- Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.): Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 5 years of fundraising, marketing or related experience.
- Experience with annual giving solicitations, including direct mail, telemarketing, and electronic media.
- Successful experience managing a schedule of complex projects.
- Understanding of a major research university environment.
- Knowledge of annual giving fundraising principles, concepts, and techniques.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple large-scale projects, plan ahead, and unify efforts across multiple teams is desired.
- Ability to evaluate and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competent and proactive working in a data-rich environment where decisions are based on analysis, testing, and a commitment to iterative process improvement.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to collaborate with different types of teams and functional areas.
- Ability to travel occasionally and attend evening and weekend activities.
- Experience with staff management, development, motivation, and team building.
- For best consideration, please apply by June 14, 2021.
- Benefits offered: The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for this job please visit ejobs.umd.edu.