Associate Director of Advancement Communications
University of Massachusetts LowellLowell, MA
The Associate Director of Advancement Communications will be responsible for creating and curating content that speaks to the mission of the university and encourages philanthropic support of UMass Lowell. The position includes fundraising proposal writing, grant writing, storytelling, and donor relations projects. The Associate Director of Advancement Communications will also assist with social media content creation. This person will also serve as one of two liaisons between Advancement and University Relations to assist with cross-promotion and will advocate for Advancement inclusion in campus-wide communication projects. The Associate Director will report to the Executive Director of Alumni and Donor Relations.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with fundraising operations and techniques
- Facility with social media strategies and implementation
- Evidence of strong writing, editing and communications skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound editorial judgments
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Experience illustrating stories with art or video
- Capital campaign experience preferred
- Higher education experience preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P19.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.