Director – Corporate Relations
University of Massachusetts LowellLowell, MA
The Director of Corporate Relations is charged with managing the planning, organization and implementation of a robust corporate relations fundraising program within University Advancement, with the goal of increasing support focused on university-wide priorities. S/He will identify new opportunities to expand the level of engagement with corporate partners, and develop outreach and solicitation plans, while leveraging the distinctive expertise of the university’s faculty and staff. S/He will expand the breadth and depth of current corporate relationships including philanthropy, sponsorships, collaborative research, co-op experiences, recruitment and continuing education.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s or higher degree required
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible fundraising or corporate engagement experience, preferably in government, corporate or foundation arenas within higher education and NPOs
- Weekend and evening work will occasionally be necessary
- Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Massachusetts
- Flexibility to travel, the majority of which will be regional in scope
- Demonstrated organizational ability, task orientation and timeliness
- Proven ability to create and nurture productive working partnerships internally and externally
- Ease in interpersonal relationships; ability to work as a member of a high functioning, results oriented team and be a highly productive individual contributor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal characteristic to include high professional integrity when dealing with confidential data and situations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P22.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.