Annual Giving Associate
University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Next Generation Annual Giving Associate reports to the Senior Development Director for Annual Giving and a member of the Annual Giving + Digital Engagement team at the University of Miami. The Associate is responsible for implementing and coordinating a comprehensive solicitation and engagement strategy that focuses on increasing donor count and revenue from students at the University of Miami.
- Effectively coordinate university efforts to build and sustain giving by undergraduate and graduate students.
- Implement an annual operational plan, which includes measurable performance objectives. Ascertain aspirational peer best practices and implement them as appropriate.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of 75-125 individuals and create and manage a personal portfolio of undergraduate, focusing on junior and seniors, and graduate students who will be double graduates to secure three-year recurring commitments
- Achieve both annual and multi-year fundraising goals that incorporate all solicitation channels for current students that will result in increased donor participation and revenue.
- Reimagine and manage the student philanthropy and engagement council. Take steps to ensure that the volunteers reflect the diversity (gender, ethnicity/race, geography, etc.) of the student population. Partner with divisional colleagues to establish best practices for council relations as well as ensure that each volunteer has a volunteer and engagement plan after their term limit ends as a council member.
- Create key performance indicators for the council, establish a 36-month business plan that outlines door count and revenue growth, and partner with institutional colleagues with the schools, athletics, and student affairs to ensure collaboration and growth.
- Partner with Donor Experience colleagues to create a first-time donor experience strategy that includes collateral for solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship. Establish metrics to track and measure first-time donor experience, i.e. annual retention, dollar growth, engagement post-gift, etc.
- In conjunction with Annual Giving + Digital Engagement team will assist in managing institutional priorities such as Giving Day and other school-based annual programs as requested
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Annual Giving + Digital Engagement team to create a robust and omnichannel marketing plan for student philanthropy.
- Assist in marketing the university’s crowdfunding platform, CaneFunder, to student organizations and individuals to grow engagement and giving
- Ensure Raiser’s Edge CRM is updated as required with biographic and prospect management information including all cultivation and solicitation moves and contact reports.
- Manage expenditures and budget for this position, ensuring cost-effectiveness within the assigned budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in business/marketing, communications or related field with three years of proven success in fundraising, student affairs, or sales. Combinations of education/experience may be considered. Must be detail-oriented and well organized with a high level of initiative. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are required along with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Proficient knowledge of fundraising software, Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word and demonstrated working knowledge of the philanthropic aspects of tax law preferred. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours a week with flexibility to travel when required. Will require attendance at evening and weekend activities.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s