Associate Director, Annual Giving (University of Miami Health System)
University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Associate Director, Annual Giving reports to the Director of Annual Giving, University of Miami Health System. The incumbent is responsible for establishing and facilitating an omni-channel segmentation strategy around securing current use funds, as well as building and retaining a long-term pipeline of philanthropic support, on behalf of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Associate Director will regularly evaluate programming, emerging digital technologies, dual-ask, and other partnerships with gift officers and strategies for annual leadership donors.
- The Associate Director, Annual Giving, serves as the strategic visionary and facilitator for Sylvester’s omnichannel annual giving program. In partnership with annual giving data analysts, the leader will identify how to utilize and optimize annual giving scores and multi-variable predictive indices to ensure donor acquisition, retention, and revenue growth. The Associate Director will partner with colleagues to establish a solicitation and stewardship program for acquisition and retention of specific constituencies, including, but not limited to, first-year and consecutive donors.
- In conjunction with the Director, the Associate Director will establish a robust and data-driven solicitation strategy that supports the mission and priorities of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. In doing so, the Associate Director will manage vendor relationships, budget, and establish key performance indicators and other metrics to measure and grow donors and dollars to Sylvester.
- The Associate Director will partner with a medical data analyst and the Director of Annual Giving at the University of Miami Health System to ensure that data segmentation of targeted audiences including, but not limited to, Sylvester is pulled on time, correctly, and has established measurements. The leader will also manage the University of Miami Health System annual giving solicitation calendar.
- In conjunction with the Director, the Associate Director will oversee various medical solicitation strategies including, but not limited to, Cards for a Cure, institutional giving days, and Honor Your Doctor. The Associate Director will also partner with Medical and Annual Giving + Digital Engagement leadership in support of UCARE, the medical crowdfunding platform.
- Along with all colleagues within medical development, the Assistant Director will develop an expert understanding of federal medical regulations, including HIPAA, and will assist in managing compliance matters.
- The Associate Director will proactively maintain knowledge of current trends in the annual giving and healthcare fundraising fields by participating in peer networking and professional education opportunities and monitoring appropriate trade publications, blogs, and websites. The Associate Director will participate and attend evening and/or weekend events and activities, as needed, in support of the mission of the University and Division of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three year of experience in annual giving, marketing, fundraising, or non-profits. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in medical annual giving.
- Comfortable working in a complex, multi-divisional, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong desire to succeed and an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to organize and interpret complex data sets and utilize analytic techniques and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive consensus.
- Familiarity with donor databases and other funding raising tools preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets and project management with external vendors.
- Must be able to work independently and successfully complete projects and resolve problems. Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written, with a high level of creativity, attention to details, and superior customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook).
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.