Associate VP, Development Resources
University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Vice President, Development Resources to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities.
The Associate Vice President of Development Resources (AVP) will lead and motivate a team across the departments of Development Resources, including Information Technology, Development Services and Reporting, Information Technology, Application Development and Data Analytics, Portfolio and Relationship Optimization, Professional Development, Gift Management, Business Operations and Finance, and DAR Human Resources. The AVP, working alongside the Assistant Vice President of Development Resources, is charged with building on the strengths of DAR’s Development Resources team, further modernizing and enhancing the “fundraising machine” of this already successful area.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations is a place where innovation and cutting-edge ideas are expected. The AVP must bring a proven track record of implementing new ideas, design thinking, pushing innovation, and leading staff forward in the use of current and new technology to its fullest to increase performance and efficiency. The AVP of Development Resources must demonstrate a deep understanding and applied expertise in advancement services. Must show they are always looking towards the future of the industry and paying constant attention to the evolving nature of philanthropy and newly emerging innovations in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree required but a Master’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in the management of fundraising and alumni/development support services required, including management of data/gift management departments, portfolio management (research and prospect management) and Information Technology. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
- Must demonstrate a deep understand and applied expertise in campaign/gift reporting.
- Exceptional work ethic and commitment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and detail-oriented work habits are essential.
- Travel as needed.
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.