University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Data Analyst for the Office of Annual Giving + Digital Engagement (AGDE) reports to the Sr. Director of Annual Giving and is responsible for leading the strategy and execution of data management and analytics on behalf of the team.
Strategic services include developing integrated comprehensive and integrated solicitation strategies that are optimal for each constituency type, with an emphasis on alumni of the institution. The Analyst will exhibit excellent quantitative and analytical capabilities, strong understanding of new and emerging fundraising and quantitative modeling techniques and technologies, have a background in database and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and project management.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Data Analyst will be accountable for using the institutions’ donor database, and other data softwareto establish annual metrics, reports and dashboards.
- Working with Development and Alumni Relations IT (DARIT) department, the data analyst will use tools including Tableau and other reporting tools. Working with Campus Call, the Analyst will establish annual metrics, reports, and dashboards. The analyst will manage and conduct roughly 400 conduct data exports and segmentations for solicitations.
- Collaborating with DARIT and other colleagues to provide data quality and integration to mail houses.
- Working with the institution’s phonathon program, and other vendors to provide data quality and integration.
- Maintain an expert understanding in USN&WR and other vital ranking systems to ensure that growth in revenue and donor count are met annually.
- Establish trend analysis and predictive and forecasting models per constituency type to ensure annual growth in donor count for all constituencies, with a focus on alumni.
- Will assist with the strategic direction and provide oversight for key institutional or multi-unit programs, including giving days.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preference given to candidates with a degree in information technology, computer science/MIS or related field. Equivalent work experience in a data management is preferred. At least two years of progressive experience in data analytics and/or data operations.
- Previous experience with donor databases and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is required. Working knowledge of software applications, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with Filemaker Pro, Crystal Reports and/or SQL is required.
- Preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience with Python, Regression (R), and/or Java.
- Must have keen analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with an emphasis on timeliness, quality and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a complex, multi-divisional, results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success in project management when overseeing multiple priorities.
Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Ability to organize and interpret complex data sets and utilize analytic techniques and platforms.
- Ability to identify multi-variables needed to optimize engagement and predictive indices.
- Strong desire to succeed and excellent work ethic.
- Experience in using data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau or similar).
- Candidate must have an excellent command of the English language, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.