Director, Annual Giving (University of Miami Health System)
University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Director of Annual Giving, University of Miami Health System, is responsible for creating and leading a data-driven and omnichannel grateful patient and medical giving program. The Director, and their team, will establish goal setting around securing current use funds with a focus on acquisition, retention, and pipeline growth for gift officers. The Director will develop and facilitate solicitation strategies, including identifying key performance indicators and measurement tracking per appeal for various departments, centers, and institutes of the UM Health System.
The Director oversees a team of two including the Associate Director, Annual Giving, and a Data Analyst, as well as managing a writer. As needed, the Director will partner with medical development, medical leadership, as well as the Annual Giving + Digital Engagement leadership, including the Assistant Vice President, Senior Director of Annual Giving, and Director of Digital Engagement. The leader will be aware of, and conversant about, best practices, conduct benchmarking with peers, and have a background in the segmentation and impact reporting of targeted audiences. The Director will also establish annual revenue goals and associated metrics, utilize dashboards and reports to monitor progress, and share ongoing results regularly with the team unit and divisional leadership.
The Director of Annual Giving, University of Miami Health System, provides segmentation strategy around securing current use, expendable funds, as well as building and retaining a long-term pipeline of philanthropic support. The Director will be responsible for integrating medical priories into a robust annual giving strategy, with a specific focus on reimagining and facilitating a solicitation program in support of the number one ranked Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, as well as overseeing an Assistant Director responsible for the creation and implementation of a solicitation program for South Florida’s only NCI-Designated Cancer Center, the Sylvester Cancer Center. The Director will regularly evaluate programming, emerging digital technologies, dual-ask, and other partnerships with gift officers and strategies for annual leadership donors. The leader will identify how to utilize and optimize annual giving scores and multi-variable predictive indices.
The leader will partner with colleagues in Donor Experience to establish a solicitation and stewardship program for targeted constituencies, including but not limited to first year and consecutive donors. In collaboration with Annual Giving + Digital Engagement and Medical leadership, the Director is responsible for establishing and facilitating the annual giving strategy for institutional priorities, such as but not limited to Honor Your Doctor, Nurses Week Campaign, Medical Alumni Weekend, as well as the University of Miami’s annual Giving Day.
The Director is also responsible for creating key-performance-indicators (KPIs) and other various metrics supporting each omnichannel campaign that is optimal for each medical development unit.
The leader will develop a strong working partnership with the various development departments, including but not limited to, development communication, medial privacy office, multiple medical units, and the Miller School of Medicine. Will work with AVP, Medical Development Resources and AVP, Annual Giving + Digital Engagement to ensure vendors are compliant i.e. business associate agreements. The Director is responsible for an expansive budget and is responsible for budget oversight and contract negotiations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in marketing or annual giving in academic medicine, healthcare, or university environment. With at least two years of management experience.
- Comfortable working in a complex, multi-divisional, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Strong desire to succeed and an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to organize and interpret complex data sets and utilize analytic techniques and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive consensus.
- Extensive experience in testing and evaluating annual giving or integrated marketing propositions, copy, and design for print and digital.
- Extensive experience in working strategically with vendors to support annual giving programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation capabilities.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written with a high level of creativity, attention to detail and superior project management skills.
- Preference for candidates with demonstrated experience using data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau or similar) as well as, Filemaker Pro, Crystal Reports, Regression and/or Python.
- Preference given for candidates with demonstrated experience with strategic experience in grateful patient scoring indices and other predictive analytics platforms.
- Extensive experience working with non-profit databases, with preference given to CRM.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA and other health/medical accountability legislation.
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.