Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Telefund
University of MichiganAnn Arbor, MI
Reports to: Associate Director of Annual Giving, Telefund
Direct Reports: 15-20 Telefund Student Managers and Supervisors, 80+ Student Fundraisers
As assistant director at Michigan Telefund you will manage the daily productivity of the call center and the student staff. You will help develop and execute strategies to achieve unit fundraising goals of our 3 campuses, and the professional development of student leadership and fundraisers. Much time will be dedicated to donor records management in our call center software, and providing data analysis and reports to Telefund and other university departments. With a high degree of autonomy, you will work closely with the associate director and administrative assistant to manage call center operations and develop innovative solutions to dynamic challenges. You will engage in a high degree of creativity, innovation, and self-motivation.
As assistant director at Michigan Telefund you will provide onsite management of evening and weekend calling shifts; from determining calling assignments and daily goals to managing the floor staff and monthly performance targets. You will oversee the development of ~80 student workers, including ongoing training and discipline. You will conduct regular analysis of donor results, caller performance, operating budgets and others to maximize Telefund outcomes. You will develop strategies to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the program, while identifying new opportunities for growth and advancement. You will work with full time staff and student teams developing creative motivation and recognition programs to achieve Telefund’s fundraising goals, fulfill budget requirements, and meet production deadlines.
50% – Staff and shift management
- Manages nightly calling shifts o Make daily calling assignments to maximize Telefund productivity, caller performance, and unit budget allocations.
- Evaluate calling procedures to improve process, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Calculate and meet nightly productivity goals.
- Maintain an active presence on the calling floor during nightly and weekend shifts.
- Work with administrative assistant on student attendance and scheduling processes.
- Manages student caller and leadership staff o Manage a staff of 15-20 student leadership (managers and supervisors).
- Develop, enact, and enforce employee policies and procedures.
- Help plan and execute student hiring, training, evaluations, discipline, and retreats.
- Participate in weekly student leadership meetings.
- Manage at least one student manager team (coaching, motivation, recruiting & training, and data).
- Provide high-level caller performance feedback in various formats.
- Ongoing activities o Monitor and assess the effectiveness of call center activities.
- Develop strategies and action plans for personal and program short and long term goals.
- Prepare reports and data analysis of call center performance.
- Assist with student motivation, incentive and recognition programs.
- Assist with student management, training and evaluation.
- Maintain documentation and resources for call center procedures.
30% – Phone campaign management
- Manage process of calling project setup and data preparation.
- Manage call center calling software and quality controls.
- Prepare calling scripts, talking points, objection responses, and support materials.
- Monitor Telefund and caller performance trends.
- Evaluate and assess the technology needs and office systems of the call center.
- Work with vendor and university IT services to maintain calling system infrastructure.
10% – Production process
- Identify challenges for student callers and develop booster training programs for presentation or online training class.
- Monitor progress toward performance goals, project end dates, and unit budgets.
- Participate in the project management process, fiscal year planning, new project development, and post-project evaluations.
10% – Additional tasks
- Prepare and present mid-year and end-of-year reports.
- Help train and onboard new staff and student members to Telefund.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in annual giving and telefundraising.
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience with non-profit annual giving or telemarketing programs.
- Knowledge of call/contact center environment, statistical analysis, project management and database management.
- Attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace
- Knowledge of calling software system(s) for fundraising.
- Fundraising experience in a higher education environment.
- Understanding of SQL-based programming, data analytical systems and database management.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google apps, and other office management software.
- Innovative solutions to fundraising, recruiting, and marketing challenges.
- Experience with employee motivation.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.